Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

tutition paid for

bishopgurlbishopgurl Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
I'mcurrently a foster child and iIget my tuition paid for by this organization called kidspeace. I was wondering is there anywhere on the application that i can let this college know my ttuition gets paid for??? If not what do I have to do???

Replies to: tutition paid for

• BrownParentBrownParent Registered User Posts: 12,776 Senior Member
    That is not something you have to make a point of on your application. But if only tuition is paid, you should still check the box YES for applying for financial aid, so that you can get funds for the rest of your expenses including room and board. You will also fill out the FAFSA and submit it by the deadline.

It is the financial aid office that needs to know you will be getting outside funds. I'm not exactly sure of the order. You fill out whatever the school needs to give you aid. When you are accepted, they will send you a financial aid letter. At some point you let them know you are getting the outside funds. They will then adjust your aid accordingly.

The best place to get answers from is the admissions office. You can send them an email to tell them you are an applicant and you will have outside aid due to being a foster child. Ask them how and when your should inform them of the tuition aid you will be getting.
  • bishopgurlbishopgurl Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
    Thank u so much for your help
  • bishopgurlbishopgurl Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
    When do I fill out the FAFSA
  • itllbeokitllbeok Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
    Can't do it until January 1st, when they make the 2015-2016 form available online
This discussion has been closed.