Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Waitlist classes

ImplastickImplastick Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
So I have finally attended orientation last Friday -which was great and very informative- now I am registering for my classes and found that a lot of the classes I need are full. I'm wait listed on 2/5 classes I am taking. Now I have a few questions.
What are the chances of me getting those classes? Being that I am in 2nd position in most of them.
Because I am wait listed, I only have 6 credits, do I need to fill it up with something random to keep it at full time while I wait?
Just to confirm, I am able to go to those classes until I know right?

One last thing. I know advisors are there to help us so on so forth. My advisor has been very helpful with the classes I need to get to my LEP being a transfer student. BUT is it okay if I go the opposite direction of what she's telling me? It's silly but I feel really bad, but at the same time I know I can handle it. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Replies to: Waitlist classes

• da6onetda6onet Registered User Posts: 653 Member
    My advisor has been very helpful with the classes I need to get to my LEP being a transfer student. BUT is it okay if I go the opposite direction of what she's telling me?

Getting into LEP's generally means following the guidelines --> http://www.lep.umd.edu/

Did your advisor give you advice that contradicts these guidelines? What do you mean by opposite direction (perhaps changing majors to a non-LEP)?
  • ImplastickImplastick Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    @da6onet‌ thanks for replying.
    No. I am following the guidelines.
    My requirements for the LEP I want (GVPT AND COMM) is:
    GVPT 170
    COMM250
    STAT100
    ECON200+201

Now ECON 200 is only TuTh, I do have to work so I can't do TuTh. Econ201 has the one class that's on MWF, since not taking ECON will stall me from getting into GVPT, I thought I could just skip through.
    FYI, ECON200 is RECOMMENDED but it's definitely not a prerequisite .i figured I can take that next sem.

I am not ignoring her completely, she just suggested that I could take another GenEd class under DSSP, but if I could just take that and come back to it is that so wrong ?
This discussion has been closed.