Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

University of Maryland Chances as a Transfer

patrickbrittpatrickbritt Registered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
Hello, first off, thanks for the help!

I live about 15 minutes away from UMD so i have a very good idea of what it's like with their admissions (not as familiar with admissions as a transfer, but still a good idea, and I just want to know if anyone else with similar stats applied and either got in or got denied.

In High School, I had a 3.2 GPA and got a 1700 on my SAT and a 24 on ACT, was in a bunch of clubs, played varsity baseball, ran track, was in a musical, and had a job throughout all 4 years. In college, I got Dean's List in my first semester at Towson with a 3.5 GPA and joined several clubs as well.

I know my stats are very average, so I'm pretty nervous, but I know several people that are a year older than me that transferred from Towson to UMD with extremely similar stats, if not even a little worse. I completed 16 credits in my first semester and am taking 16 more this upcoming semester.

Thank you to anyone who could give me some insight on this.

Replies to: University of Maryland Chances as a Transfer

• ellieh978ellieh978 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    I think you have a great chance, considering you're instate. As long as you apply by the priority, you have a good shot. Did you complete your english and math requirements? Also, what major are you applying as?
    (I am applying as a transfer too for fall)
  • patrickbrittpatrickbritt Registered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    Yes, I applied by priority and I did complete math and English requirements at my current institution. I'm applying as a Business major but since that's an LEP, I'm assuming that I won't get into that program, just hoping I get into the school.
  • ellieh978ellieh978 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Yeah, I think you will be fine I know a lot of freshmen from UMBC transferred with less than 30 credits with a 3.0 and got in for fall.
This discussion has been closed.