right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Transfer

Mari2002Mari2002 2 replies2 threads New Member
Hi I did not get in to UMD as a freshman. How best to transfer. My understanding is that there is no guarantee d transfer from Montgomery college. Would you go to other universitiy then transfer in a year or would you go to MC and then try.
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Transfer

• umdfall2020umdfall2020 24 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Hello, I just got into UMD as a transfer student from a Maryland Community College. It is pretty easy to transfer from an in state cc. I will advise you to spend a year at cc, be active on campus and join the MTAP program at MC. Aim for a GPA higher than a 3.0 and complete all requirments for your major especially if you have an LEP major!
    · Reply · Share
  • Mari2002Mari2002 2 replies2 threads New Member
    Hi thanks .how long you stayed at CC one or two years? I have heard you can transfer as early as after one semester.
    · Reply · Share
  • umdfall2020umdfall2020 24 replies0 threads Junior Member
    I got my Associates degree so I stayed at a community college for 2 years.
    · Reply · Share
  • Ethio7890Ethio7890 3 replies2 threads New Member
    Very easy. Get involved. Maintain a 3.2ish GPA or higher. MTAP enrollment is key. Good essay, recommendations, etc
    · Reply · Share