Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

U Mass Amherst Honors College

emilylouemilylou Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
I have gotten pretty good grades during High School (A- average) and I have taken five AP classes (3 AP History classes, AP Biology, and AP English). My family has pretty much no money to pay for my College, so I guess I have to go to State School. Everyone tells me that Amherst is the best school in the U MASS system and that their Honors program is awesome. Is the program really good and if it is, could I even get in?
Post edited by emilylou on

Replies to: U Mass Amherst Honors College

• notakidnotakid Registered User Posts: 688 Member
    They consider SAT scores as well as grades. Your grades might be OK. If you are a MA resident, cost is around $24,000/yr. Again, if you're a resident, you'll probably have Adams scholarship of $1,700. If family income & assets are low enough there are federal Pell grants. Not all that much (google) I don't think, but would help. Beyond that work-study job & loans. Very little merit scholarship money in-state. $2,000 max/year.
  • hornetdadhornetdad Registered User Posts: 287 Junior Member
    Got to be in the top 10% of your HS class, too. My son just missed it (top 12%). He didn't mind--engineering is hard enough without adding the honors component.
This discussion has been closed.