right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new look with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return on Nov. 24. Read more about this here!

My chances to getting into University of Massachusetts - Amherst

nigeriamanilanigeriamanila 33 replies10 threads Junior Member
Hey I applied for the philosophy undergraduate.
I'm unsure of my high school GPA since I moved in Sophomore year.
My freshman&sophomore GPA is 2.9 (no classes with weight were offered)
Junior Year I got a lot more serious and I had a 3.3 UW and a 3.6W that year
My accelerated courses junior year were Chemistry Honors and IB English SL
Senior year my GPA during the first trimester is 3.65 UW and 4.2W
My courses this year are Honors Scientific Research (an honors class made by my school with an AP credit), IB Environmental Systems and Societies, IB English, Honors Comparative government, Pre-Calculus, and Physics (I'm taking 3 sciences by choice)
My SAT scores are 1610 by I think UMass only looks at CR & Math and my CR is 580 and my Math is 550 I'm taking it again and they should increase a lot.
My estimated UW highschool GPA is: 3.2 and weighted is 3.4
I know these stats seem week but I increased drastically between sophomore/junior year and junior/senior year which I've heard is good.
What are my chances of getting in??
11 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: My chances to getting into University of Massachusetts - Amherst

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity