Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Chance Me?

HoustonPFDHoustonPFD Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
I'm a 2017 high school senior in Texas and UMass is one of my top choices, what are my chances?

Majors: Computer Science (1st Choice) and History (2nd Choice).

GPA: 3.33 UW on a 4.0

ACT: 30

APs: 5s on European History, US History, English Lang & Comp, BC Calculus, and AB Subscore. 4 on World History and Physics C. 3 on Physics 1.

Awards: AP Scholar with Honor, UIL Regional Finalist in Persuasive Speaking (Top 28 in the whole state), UIL District Finalist in Persuasive Speaking, and TFA State Qualifier in Public Forum Debate.
Extracurriculars: President of the speech and debate team (12th grade), Vice President of the speech and debate team (10th-11th grade), Vice President and co-founder of my school's Rotary Interact chapter (12th grade), Rho Kappa National Social Studies Honor Society (11th-12th grade), Mu Alpha Theta Math Honor Society (11th-12th grade), National English Honor Society (11th-12th grade), tutor other students in history for free as my school's primary student history tutor, 300+ service hours, football (9th-10th grade), baseball (9th grade), compete nearly every weekend at debate tournaments, Counselor at Camp Longhorn Inks Lake, and Tour Guide at the Battleship Texas Overnight Education Program.

Miscellaneous: I'm a URM (Hispanic), and I have a strong and unique proofread essay. Lastly, I have some special circumstances as my parents are divorced and I live with my mom. After she had a bad car wreck while I was in 8th grade, her alcoholism is constant and she is in and out of rehab all the time, which forces me to take care of my younger brother a lot.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.