right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

Emailed Admissions

stressiesstressies 12 replies7 threads Junior Member
Hi, I emailed admissions about my grades in physics and AP art and now I'm worried about having my Acceptance Rescinded. Please do not be rude to me about this, I already feel awful enough.

I am a first-gen, low income student and I have a lot of pressure on me to do well in school. I'm happy that I was accepted into the CS program, but my physics grade is a 76 and my art grade is a 85. I made the mistake of emailing admissions and now having drawn attention to my areas of problem, my overall anxiety over the situation as tenfolded.

I understand that I made a mistake. Please tell me how to fix it or the likelihood of being Rescinded. Thank you.
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Emailed Admissions

• tornandfrayedtornandfrayed 13 replies4 threads Junior Member
    Okay...first of all, take a few deep breaths. Your acceptance is not going to be rescinded because of a C and a B. Nor will it be rescinded because you pointed it out to admissions.

You aren't the only senior whose grades have tanked a bit this year. Actually, I would venture to say that you are in the majority (senioritis is a thing). You would have to majorly screw up in order to have your acceptance rescinded (i.e. get expelled or fail a class required for graduation)...and your situation is no where near that degree.

If it make you feel any better, I've been making straight 80s all year w/ the exception of one class (96 in AP Language, only bc I like the subject). My school automatically sends a mid-year report to every college, so the admissions people at UMass have probably seen my less-than-stellar grades. I still got in fine, and my acceptance hasn't been rescinded yet, lol.

Take a few deep breaths and enjoy the rest of your senior year. I'll see you in the fall!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity