Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

In-state RD fin. aid offers received yet?

MADadMADad Registered User Posts: 2,000 Senior Member
D lives in state, applied RD, and has not received fin. aid package yet.

Has anyone else in this same situation received theirs yet?

Thanks
Post edited by MADad on

Replies to: In-state RD fin. aid offers received yet?

• twosonmomtwosonmom Registered User Posts: 125 Junior Member
    We are in state and have NOT heard anything yet about financial aid.
  • allie'smomallie'smom Registered User Posts: 252 Junior Member
    We are in-state, D got in EA and still no FA decision. After several calls to find out why she was "not in the system", yesterday I had to fax a copy of her SS card (didn't that make me feel nervous) to the FA officer, who was "working on a pile of students who were in the same situation". That was her response when I called to tell her the fax had been sent so it wouldn't be sitting in a fax machine all day. Then I was told to call back in 3-4 days to see if they had rectified the situation.
  • MADadMADad Registered User Posts: 2,000 Senior Member
    Typical messed up state bureaucracy.
    Very likely not enough people on hand to do the job.
  • hsseniorlookinghsseniorlooking Registered User Posts: 653 Member
    Actually, I got my aid letter quickly. I also got a small grant for being invited to Commonwealth College. But that aid package was superceded by the University Scholars program.
  • chachachacha Registered User Posts: 305 Junior Member
    I got a $1000 grant for the Commonwealth College, and that info came with the acceptance package, but nothing else yet.... still waiting.
  • chachachacha Registered User Posts: 305 Junior Member
    I am still waiting to hear, meanwhile, I am pretty much deciding between the other schools that I have heard from ( that would be ALL of them ). Should I call the financial aid dept? What is going on with everyone else out there???
  • achao1269achao1269 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    ^^ I received mines last month i believe, you should def call the financial aid department because deposits are due May 1st i believe.
This discussion has been closed.