right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Schools are not offering in-person tours because of COVID-19, but many offer virtual tours. Check out our directory of virtual campus tours we know about right now.
Many schools have delayed their deadlines for enrollment due to COVID-19. Check out our exclusive directory of extended deadlines we know about right now.
STUDENT GUEST OF THE WEEK: Ethan is a burgeoning tech enthusiast who got accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Duke, Brown. This week he's answering your questions on how to best craft your application and narrow down your college search/decision process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!

UMass Boston Transfer Chances

ias199ias199 35 replies9 threads Junior Member
Hi everyone! I'm applying to transfer for Fall 2013 from a university in the top 150 in the entire world at which I have been very unhappy. I would love to go to school in Massachusetts (my state of residence) and am looking to apply to UMass either for the full duration or to transfer out of as I just withdrew from my university.

I'd love to know what the community thinks my changes of acceptance are.

Here are my stats:

In-State resident

Academics:
High School GPA: 3.0
SAT: 1990 CR 710 M 630 W 650
SAT II: Literature 750
ACT: 32
University GPA: above a 3.0, unsure because we use percentages, mine is 90%

Extracurriculars:
Research at MIT
Research at BU
Co-captain of sports team
JV Ski
Theatre Tech (9-10)
Journalism (capped out as the senior editor of the school newspaper)

Special skills, etc:
Piano 15 years
Ballet 10 years
Fluent speaker of three languages with proficiency in two more

I have great recommendations from high school and university, and my GPA is solid, at my University a 70% is considered a good grade and an 80 is exceeding expectations according to our university handbook. A failure is 50 or lower, so I've done well I think.

But I am still worried I will not be accepted. What do you think? :(
0 replies
· Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity