right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. Due to very high demand we will be streaming the event on our Facebook page. Let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Cooper Union is rumored to release decisions tomorrow (4/1). Share your outcome!
Tulane is rumored to release decisions today (3/31). Share your outcome!
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

University of Massachusetts Boston Class of 2019

Med509Med509 71 replies4 threads Junior Member
Is there someone who applied too?
8 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: University of Massachusetts Boston Class of 2019

• redpoodlesredpoodles 2078 replies32 threads Senior Member
    @Med509, my D applied and was accepted. We haven't even toured it yet though!
    · Reply · Share
  • laurenroseelaurenrosee 11 replies20 threads Junior Member
    @redpoodles I applied earlier this month, how long did it take to be notified?
    · Reply · Share
    I would say about 6 weeks.
    · Reply · Share
  • Med509Med509 71 replies4 threads Junior Member
    hi guys. i would like to transfer at Cornell as a junior student. so i have to give all of me at Umass. But i wonder if umassB have all the courses i will need to transfer.
    · Reply · Share
    edited April 2015
    I have no idea--I'm not a student there. But I would guess so? (Transferring to Cornell is probably a long shot though???)
    edited April 2015
    · Reply · Share
    @redpoodles i think that if i prepare myself early i will get my chance to get in. I really hope that i will make it :)
    · Reply · Share
  • preamble1776preamble1776 4398 replies332 threads Senior Member
    Please don't go into a school thinking that you're gonna transfer; Cornell is the "transfer friendly" Ivy but still has a very low transfer acceptance rate which is composed almost entirely of "Guaranteed Transfers" (a designation people receive during regular freshman admissions). A lot of kids come to UMB and transfer to area schools (BU and BC mostly) but that was because things worked out in that manner - it was never their plan from the jump.

UMB is cheap and it accommodates a lot of different people. That's their whole thing. For some people, that's all they need (pre-med, pre-vet, pre-law students especially) -- for others, they need a distinct college experience that UMB doesn't offer.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity