Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

thought i had nothing to worry about..

surfchick88surfchick88 Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
i thought i had a pretty good chance of getting into miami..but i see i must have been mistaken. reading some peoples stats that dont think they can get in and they are so much higher than mine..

i have a 1990 sat score R 730 M 550 W 710
gpa-3.5 weighted
all honors courses
3 aps and 2 college courses
work experience
3 sports- 2 varsity
and some other ecs
applied EA..
have any feedback on chances?
Post edited by surfchick88 on

Replies to: thought i had nothing to worry about..

• kndmkndm Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    You still don't have too much to worry about...your SAT scores are great and they will probably help quite a bit..the only prob I see is your GPA b/c UM's uses weighted GPA, with their average being a 4.1

I wouldnt stress over this too much...UM is probably a match for you (50/50 chances), tho not a safety...just make sure that you have applied to other colleges that you consider matches and safeties...Good luck!
  • surfchick88surfchick88 Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    thanks for the reassurance..i appreciate it very much. miami is my top choice and im worried about the entire acceptance process.
  • taxguytaxguy Registered User Posts: 6,629 Senior Member
    I think that you will be admitted,but you won't get a lot of merit money.
  • A2Wolves6A2Wolves6 Registered User Posts: 4,232 Senior Member
    I think it's a good match for you, but as for scholarships, only a 1/4 tuition possible.
  • surfchick88surfchick88 Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    thankfully i wasnt banking on any money at all..possible need based but not much
  • mag00mag00 Registered User Posts: 155 Junior Member
    You'll get in for sure. I had worse stats and got in. I didn't apply for fin. aid though and I think that made a diff.
This discussion has been closed.