Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

best library to study in?

miafl23miafl23 Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
so i'm a freshman and i'm trying to find the best spots to study for a huge biology exam i have coming up. so far i've tried richter and the music library and i like the music one better just because it's much more empty. are there other libraries i should try?
Post edited by miafl23 on

Replies to: best library to study in?

• rankinrrankinr Registered User Posts: 749 Member
    I'd just use the stacks in Richter. Super quiet, though often not empty. If you go to the stacks elevator and hit M it will take you to a floor that almost no one ever goes to... the disadvantage is that it's super creepy down there.

If you really want an empty library, there's one in the physics building (go all the way to the top floor and to your left) that no one knows about.

Current students will look at this and get angry at me because I'm giving away all their secrets! :P But I think most people know about these places, they just don't use them often because they're easy to forget about.
  • InvolvedmomFLInvolvedmomFL Registered User Posts: 414 Member
    Glad to see that things haven't changed in the last 30 years. The stacks at Richter were quiet back in the early 80's. It is pretty creepy, however. I used to hear weird noises and have visions of myself trying to escape a madman. I have a vivid imagination.
  • my-3-sonsmy-3-sons Registered User Posts: 2,785 Senior Member
    My S liked to study in the Law Library.
  • Marinebio444Marinebio444 Registered User Posts: 907 Member
    It's a bit of extra work, but the RSMAS library is also a really good place to study. You would have to take the shuttle over, but it's a really nice, quiet area, and if you need a little bit of time to unwind there's always the beach right there!
  • rankinrrankinr Registered User Posts: 749 Member
    ^ Interesting to know... I've actually never been there, I'll have to check it out some time.
  • Marinebio444Marinebio444 Registered User Posts: 907 Member
    I haven't been over there to study yet, just for my labs, but I know a couple friends who have, and they both said it was a really great study spot.
This discussion has been closed.