Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Hi there! You may have noticed things have changed on this site. You can learn more about that here.

Spring admit?

PastaKweenPastaKween Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
Hi, so I was admitted as a spring student at U Miami. It was one of my top pick schools, and am bittersweet about the news. I was very happy to be admitted, however, there are so many disadvantages to being a spring admit.
The cost of attendance is soooo high and they only send out aid in June, but I have to make a deposit by May 1.
What do I do?
I have heard of people at other schools getting in the spring but being able to get in in the fall. Is this possible for me?
Does anyone know what aid is like for the spring admits?
If i can get some answers i'd be super happy :3

Replies to: Spring admit?

• kslr65kslr65 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Also admitted for spring but very confused about what that means and what to do. Seems like we would be missing out on the entire freshman experience and socially at a disadvantage. Why would they do that and is there any way to change it to fall?
  • PastaKweenPastaKween Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    They said no but I have seen other sites say that you can sometimes convince them for fall. It is really unfair because we get the remainder of the financial aid and no scholarships.