Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

The "U" takes front and center

BaghDADBaghDAD Registered User Posts: 354 Member
The planned change has finally come. Take a look here:

| University of Miami

I think it is a good move, the logo is recognized throughout the country and overseas too.
Post edited by BaghDAD on

Replies to: The "U" takes front and center

• my-3-sonsmy-3-sons Registered User Posts: 2,880 Senior Member
    My S (the new alum!) read about this yesterday and was very excited to see it.
  • BaghDADBaghDAD Registered User Posts: 354 Member
    Congrats my-3-sons, you must be very proud:-)
  • js911js911 Registered User Posts: 85 Junior Member
    Really? My eyes rolled when I read this:

"The new visual identity plan has been in the works for the past year and is being phased in gradually. Before its rollout, University Communications conducted extensive research on the new identity, holding focus groups in Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York and conducting an alumni survey. Results affirmed the positive attributes of the split-U mark and the benefits of adapting it as a symbol of pride for the whole University.

Menendez said the mark was “perceived as diverse, modern, confident, and bold.”

Frankly, I'm rather upset about this. It took a whole year and how much money to decide that attaching the "U" logo to e-mails is a revolutionary and exciting idea? Pleh...
  • BaghDADBaghDAD Registered User Posts: 354 Member
    A topical anecdote from today...Midwest garage sale, seller talking to another customer, I have on a cap with just the "U" logo...Customer asked about used textbooks, seller looks at me (not even in the conversation) and says, "Yeah, their used, and we know used can still mean expensive if you need them tommorow for class." The "U" is known all over. What's wrong with the "U" being on a Fulbright or Rhodes Scholar anouncement from the school? it is all about getting the word out, getting the best scholars and athletes to the school.
This discussion has been closed.