right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

University of Michigan Class of 2023 Early Action

yikesyikesyikesyikesyikesyikes 1840 replies130 threadsForum Champion U. Michigan Forum Champion
It's that time of year again! This is the thread dedicated to discuss and serve members of the CC community applying to Michigan under the Early Action plan this fall.
edited July 2018
2021 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: University of Michigan Class of 2023 Early Action

• ekomilekomil 8 replies21 threads Junior Member
    Does anyone know how much of the Freshman class is filled during Early Action?
    · Reply · Share
  • KnowsstuffKnowsstuff 4466 replies18 threads Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    I couldn't find it but look at the link I provided here. This is like the holy grail to michigan.

Keep in mind that most kids get deferred.

http://obp.umich.edu/michigan-almanac/
    edited July 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • troia39troia39 5 replies3 threads New Member
    Hi -- anyone wanna chance me for Early Action 2023??
    · Reply · Share
  • SimKatSimKat 10 replies1 threads New Member
    What are y'all majoring in? I'm applying EA for a biochem major.
    · Reply · Share
  • applying2023applying2023 31 replies3 threads Junior Member
    Applying EA for Biopsychology, Cognition, and Neuroscience. Good luck everyone!
    · Reply · Share
  • aaronli39aaronli39 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Since umich is so strict with deadlines, is the October Sat test date the latest for EA?
    · Reply · Share
  • agustinaoteroagustinaotero 21 replies2 threads Junior Member
    edited September 2018
    @aaronli39 Unfortunately, scores from the October SAT will not accepted. I took this directly from their site.

“Scores from tests taken in October will not arrive in time to complete the application for Early Action.”

This definitely sucks since I was hoping to take the October SAT and send it in for EA. You can always take the SAT later and apply before the Regular Decision deadline. Hope this helped!
    edited September 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • bandgeekwriterbandgeekwriter 17 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Hello everybody! Michigan is my first choice and I'm applying out of state (from California) as a history major (hopefully). What are you guys' GPAs/Test scores?
    · Reply · Share
  • marime32marime32 8 replies0 threads New Member
    In the app portal, does anyone know what it means when says “Tests” and lists not received but also shows ACT report as received. Confused
    · Reply · Share
  • kkendallkkendall 134 replies52 threads Junior Member
    I'm applying EA for Biology. Good luck to everyone! Fingers crossed.
    · Reply · Share
  • romns116romns116 609 replies32 threads Member
    S19 is applying OOS (from TX) EA to LSA for FTVM.

That’s a lot of acronyms
    · Reply · Share
    DS submitted coalition app last night, waiting for Michigan ID email.

Does anyone know if he has ability to upload supplemental documents (ie resume) after submission?
    · Reply · Share
  • BearDown1999BearDown1999 31 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Yo, I'm a freshman here at U of M. I was in your guys' shoes last year, so I get it. I was OOS and this was my #1 bar none, and I've loved it here already.

Let me know if you have any questions! I'd love to answer them. It really is amazing here.
    · Reply · Share
  • NyomioNyomio 23 replies0 threads Junior Member
    'Sup y'all! I applied last weekend. In-stater applying for either communications or ecology, probably. Here's hopin' we all get a good Christmas gift once results roll in.
    Or a good Thanksgiving gift. I'm impatient, haha! :^D
    (Also, for whoever asked; you can add recommendation letters and counselor reports post-submission, but I'm not sure about things like resumes. You can't through something like the Common App, but you can probably at least try and mail it in?)
    · Reply · Share
    @Nyomio

I forgot to mention DS was able to submit his resume as an “eCredential” post submission.

On another note, where do you see app status updates? We logged into Wolverine Access, clicked on the Application Status link, but it doesn’t show much (a link to app data, and another to credentials). Is this the page we should be checking for updates?
    · Reply · Share
  • NyomioNyomio 23 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @romns116 Credentials should show the status of everything he's submitted/not submitted that's required, but as for accepted/rejected, I don't know where that would show up. They are supposed to email once they've reached a decision, though!
    · Reply · Share
    Thanks @Nyomio

Transcript and official test scores finally show on credentials screen, waiting for recs. Everything was submitted 9/16.
    · Reply · Share
  • BigRoundDadBigRoundDad 7 replies2 threads New Member
    @BearDown1999 What dorm do you live in, and how do you like it? Central or North Campus?
    · Reply · Share
  • sushirittosushiritto 4145 replies12 threads Senior Member
    Don't forget about The Hill. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • NibbatronNibbatron 17 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Hey I’m a current freshman who went through the admissions process last year and got accepted EA. I’m also from Ann Arbor so if you have any questions feel free to pm me!
    · Reply · Share