right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Chance me UMICH

neddyman_neddyman_ 4 replies9 threads New Member
I am trying to figure out if Umich is a safety or match for me. I will be applying EA, and my mom went there. My stats are SAT 1530, UW GPA 4.0, W GPA 4.5. I have solid EC's: nationally ranked tennis player, investment club, tennis volunteering, math tutoring, created my own website. Any insight into my chances is helpful :)
6 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance me UMICH

• momofsenior1momofsenior1 10415 replies123 threads Senior Member
    UMich is absolutely not a safety for any student. They also don't consider legacy.

Are you instate? Being recruited for tennis? If not, Michigan should be considered a reach as it is for most students.
    · Reply · Share
  • KnowsstuffKnowsstuff 7596 replies36 threads Senior Member
    If you review these threads the Big mistake for many high Stat kids is to consider Michigan a safety especially if you are out of state. Showing interest is a key factor. Writing a great essay is important also.
    · Reply · Share
  • sushirittosushiritto 5466 replies21 threads Senior Member
    edited June 2019
    Assuming you're OOS, then trust me, plenty of 4.0's, 1550+'s and legacies were deferred EA and rejected. Not a safety or target for OOS. Legacy or not.

If in-state, then your chances are good.
    edited June 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • TooOld4SchoolTooOld4School 3377 replies12 threads Senior Member
    edited June 2019
    If you are nationally ranked in Tennis, you should have your coach contact Michigan's coaching staff. You might be able to secure a preferred walk-on status, even if scholarships are unavailable. That's pretty much a guarantee of admission with your stats as long as you don't have any red flags.
    edited June 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • yikesyikesyikesyikesyikesyikes Forum Champion U. Michigan 1902 replies136 threads Forum Champion
    Unless you have something like an Academy Award or already have an athletics recruiting offer from Michigan, it is not a safety for you.
    · Reply · Share
  • KnowsstuffKnowsstuff 7596 replies36 threads Senior Member
    Sorry but you also forgot if your the Past Presidents Daughter... 😉.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity