Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Advice for a high schooler?

oopsieapoopsieoopsieapoopsie Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
edited February 2008 in University of Michigan MT
Hi, I'm a sophomore in high school. I'm interested in majoring in either theatre or film acting. I want to spend some time at University of Michigan this year to decide whether I want to go there or not. Does anyone know of any good internships, camps, or classes I should take over summer or Easter break? Also, what can I do to get more theatre experience that is favorable to colleges (I do theatre at my high school, but I don't think that's enough). Thanks!
Post edited by oopsieapoopsie on

Replies to: Advice for a high schooler?

• bunchbunch Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    UMich has a great summer program that I attended between my Sophomore and Junior year. It is called Mpulse and you can access it on the UMich School of Music, Theatre, and Dance website. I think it is too late to apply for this year, but I could be mistaken. Sometimes if they have not had enough applications, they continue to accept them after the deadline. It will specify on the website.
    Mpulse is a three week program that typically takes place in July and ends with a showcase of all the students that attended. You work closely with Brent Wagner and other faculty members as well as current MT students. It was money well spent for me.
  • acschacsch Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    MPulse now has a straight theatre program, too (though, I did the musical theatre program between my junior and senior year, and I highly recommend it). I currently attend U of M, and my brother graduated from the BFA acting program last year, and it's a great place to study any form of theatre.

But, regarding theatre experience, I wouldn't worry about having fancy things to put on you're resum
This discussion has been closed.