Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UMich Letters

Replies to: UMich Letters

• triplethreatx3triplethreatx3 Registered User Posts: 106 Junior Member
    D received her rejection letter yesterday. She auditioned Jan. 25th. Best of luck to all of you still waiting.
  • toonastietoonastie Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    what i know based on friends..

if you have a "view decision" link in your wolverine access that states a decision will be mailed to you within 2 weeks, this most likely means you have been rejected.

some of my friends had NO view decision link and received letters stating they were deferred.

some of my friends that were accepted told me it plays the Michigan fight song and states that they have been accepted. Some have even been called.

Hope i helped!
  • tiffwtiffw Registered User Posts: 105 Junior Member
    Well, as I've posted previously, we've been anxiously awaiting a response from Michigan since my daughter's audition on January 25th -- 6 weeks ago today. We finally got a bit of news today!

She received a letter today from Michigan letting her know that she is still being considered, and that they are holding her file until the final auditions have been completed before they make a final decision. To us, this is fantastic news! She was thrilled just to know that she's still in the running for a spot there, even though there's no guarantee.

The letter was very kind and encouraging (that's one of the reasons we love Michigan!), and told her to hang in there for a couple of weeks. They said that they'd make their final decisions by April 1st.

And for reference sake, her Wolverine Access hasn't shown any change or new links yet. We're keeping our fingers crossed!
  • onmyway83onmyway83 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    i just got the same letter and im SO nervous now
    its so close but I'm just glad to still be in the running. One thing I wonder though, how many people on average do they take into consideration and "hold their file" ?
    just so I can know exactly where I am because right now I'm not sure whether to celebrate or mourn.
    good luck to your daughter and hopefully we end up in michigan together!
  • university1university1 Registered User Posts: 75 Junior Member
    my application status only shows when they received my materials. where can you see anything else about the status? i applied to LSA - has anyone heard yet?
  • soozievtsoozievt Registered User, ! Posts: 31,537 Senior Member
    You should ask on the regular UMichigan forum on CC. This forum is strictly for Musical Theater candidates.

Here is the link to the regular University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Forum:

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-michigan-ann-arbor/
  • MTgrlsmomMTgrlsmom Registered User Posts: 1,034 Senior Member
    onmyway84 - you should be really proud of that accomplishment (along with tiffw's D!). UMich does not send out those letters "in heaps". However, not all those deferred will ultimately be accepted, and some of this will depend upon how many that are offered direct acceptance decline. Will be thinking positive thoughts for you all with all our might however :)!
  • epo9epo9 Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
    Is anyone auditioning in Ann Arbor on March 28th? And do you think me auditioning that late will hurt my chances? I wanted to go sooner, but it was the only time available that didn't conflict with scheduling..
  • KaitrinKaitrin Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    I'm auditioning March 28th as well. I'm kind of worried that I'll be wasting my time since there are going to be so few spots left. I mean, if they already admitted a couple of soprano ingenues, I really think my time will be wasted because they don't have room to accept me regardless. Does anyone know how they go about this with rolling admissions and all?
  • MTMamaMTMama Registered User Posts: 316 Member
    Just an FYI to you late auditioners - one of the current MT students at UM was the last person to audition on the last audition day!

So, I would say there is still hope - and likely still some spots left. I can't imagine they would fill up the class before that last audition day....and you might be just what they are looking for! I say go for it - and break a leg!
    Yeah Kaitrin! Lets go for it! Hope I will be seeing you there :) Hey, its good experience either way right? :)
  • sophiestarsophiestar Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    Question: Do you think all acceptances besides ones from the March 27 audition date have been sent out?
  • MTgrlsmomMTgrlsmom Registered User Posts: 1,034 Senior Member
    sophiestar - even though a lot of acceptances have gone out, I definitely don't think all as auditions are not over yet. Michigan is pretty efficient letting people know if they are deferred or rejected however. Like MTMama said in an earlier post, I would think that there are still some spots left. A girl who auditioned Jan. 25, heard last week she was deferred, and yesterday that she had been admitted.
    Just had my Michigan audition today. It went well. They said we will all be finding out the final decisions very soon...

BREAK A LEG EVERYONE! and to those who did not visit the campus.... its so beautiful there!!! :)
  • KaitrinKaitrin Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    I had my audition yesterday too!! I probably saw you, epo9! I was the soprano with the long blonde hair in the black/white dress. I loved Michigan, but I try not too think about it too much because the numbers are against me. Does anyone know if being asked to do something extra in your voice audition is a good sign? I'd like to think they had to at least be interested in me to ask me to do anything extra. Good luck to everyone! I can't believe it might be a 2 week wait to find out!
This discussion has been closed.