Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Class of 2018!

Replies to: Class of 2018!

• DescendingDescending Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    I only found out I was accepted through the Application Tracker on the 23rd and have yet to receive my acceptance letter through the mail (I hope it comes Friday!) , so I am hoping that I'll be able to tell you if I get accepted into Honors within the next few weeks :p

By the way, if anybody was wondering, I am OOS (New York).
  • YuffieEvansYuffieEvans Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    hville7 wrote: »
    GPA: 4.0 (will be 3.99 though)
    SAT:
    ACT: 35
    School: CSE
    Attending? : Possibly

I got into the honors program a week or two after I received my admissions decision. I received two scholarships the day before I got accepted to the university. I am an in state applicant.

so how do you learn u get accepted to honors and receive scholarships?
  • hville7hville7 Registered User Posts: 223 Junior Member
    @YuffieEvans

The honors acceptance will show up on the application tracker if you are accepted into the program. You also get a letter via snail mail a week or two after it shows up on the tracker. I believe decisions will be made through March (or even later, if people who got into the program choose to attend a different university and spots free up). Scholarship notifications were also sent in the mail. I wish they would at least email (especially since letters can be lost in the mail) but I guess they don't do that because I haven't gotten any.
  • Jones17Jones17 Registered User Posts: 92 Junior Member
    Got accepted like an hour ago. They received all my materials only 6 days ago, so that was extremely quick.

GPA: 3.748 UW (10 APs)
    ACT: 34
    School: college of science and engineering
    Attending: Possibly, I still have to hear from a bunch of schools and I have put little thought into my decision.
    In-state
    hville7 wrote: »
    @YuffieEvans

The honors acceptance will show up on the application tracker if you are accepted into the program. You also get a letter via snail mail a week or two after it shows up on the tracker. I believe decisions will be made through March (or even later, if people who got into the program choose to attend a different university and spots free up). Scholarship notifications were also sent in the mail. I wish they would at least email (especially since letters can be lost in the mail) but I guess they don't do that because I haven't gotten any.

ive heard someone who got email about scholarship information (golden exellence), also im an international student so i guess ill have to wait much longer for the mail
  • 000Chet000Chet Registered User Posts: 377 Member
    GPA: 3.87
    ACT: 32
    School: Originally applied to CSE. I'll be switching to Calrson if I attend
    Attending: Possibly. If I get any scholarships that would also affect my decision.
    Just find on my application tracker Im admitted to Honors! Yay!
  • kray24kray24 Registered User Posts: 104 Junior Member
    Accepted
    GPA: 4.0 UW
    SAT:2230
    ACT: 33
    School: College of Biological Sciences
    Attending? Probably not... I just received honors and scholarships from CU Boulder, which is in state for me
  • CBF1968CBF1968 Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    D Accepted

GPA 4.8 W, 3.68 UW
    ACT 29
    College if Biological Sciences
    OOS

No scholarship or honors notification yet

MN is top choice right now.
  • shepardN7shepardN7 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    I have been accepted!

GPA: 4.0
    SAT: Didn't take
    ACT: 34
    School: School of Science and Engineering
    Attending? : Possibly! Waiting on MIT and also U of Wisconsin-Madison.

I also was awarded the Gold National Scholarship, worth a little over $25,000 over the four years. I'm from Ohio and that brings me to in-state tuition. I loved the campus and they have an excellent ChemE program, so I am ecstatic about my acceptance and scholarship! I have not yet received any notification on the honors program. That may seal the deal should I not get into MIT.
  • NotSure2014NotSure2014 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    I was accepted a while back but...

GPA: 4.0 UW
    SAT: --
    ACT: 33
    School: CLA
    Attending: After all the safety issues lately and the lack of significant aid, I'm straying from the U. I have applied ED to another school, so that will determine it all in the end.

I was accepted to the Honors program, though, and got the presidential scholarship! :)

I am an in-state applicant, by the way.
  • AbblusAbblus Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Will someone please let me know what you think. I am a high school senior and applied to the University of Minnesota. CBS as my first choice and CLA as my second. I was wondering what my chances are of getting in. I applied in early October and still haven't heard anything back yet.

I am taking two college classes this year and took one last year. Have been in honors classes all throughout high school. I was in soccer for four years, band for one year, track for one year, and the musical for all four years. I have little volunteer hours.
    GPA: 3.68
    ACT: 27

I feel like I have a good chance but not sure. Let me know what you think.
  • silentbutdeadlysilentbutdeadly Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    GPA: 3.6/4.0
    SAT: 2130 (submitted)
    ACT: 32 (not submitted)
    School: College of Science and Engineering
    Attending?: Most likely! Unless I get into Georgia Tech.
  • sarahkesarahke Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    I was accepted awhile back but just received acceptance into the honors program!
  • EgonomicsEgonomics Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    Accepted: 3.7 (not a lot of APs)
    SAT: 2000
    ACT: Did not take
    School: College of Liberal Arts
    Attending?: Probably not, but wouldn't rule it out.
This discussion has been closed.