Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Choosing Campus Housing

little1little1 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
Hey everyone!

I'm going to be a freshman at the U of M next fall (2015) and had some questions about what housing would be best for me. I've done PSEO so I have some sort of feel of the housing on campus, but I'd love to hear your guys' opinions.

I'm very studious and hardworking, school is very important to me. I like my quiet spaces, yet at the same time I'm not super awkward and (hate to use this word) "nerdy". I'm also not into sharing bathrooms with a ton of other people unless they're very clean. I also don't drink or party, but am very personable and like to have a good time.

I want to meet new people and hopefully find a best friend in my roommate! I'm open to single rooms too, I just don't want to feel closed off. Suites are totally an option as well. Do they do a good job matching roommates?

Thank you!

Replies to: Choosing Campus Housing

• little1little1 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    ^^ I also posted a similar discussion on another account, but for some reason CC kept saying my password was incorrect even when I reset it.. oh well. Plus this is more concise versus the 1 am rambling of the last post.

Thanks again :)
  • TransferGopherTransferGopher Registered User Posts: 363 Member
    It's random roommates unless you meet one on the facebook group or something. I said this on my other post, but try to get 17th. You gotta apply the day the apps come out though. 17th is so much better than anything else
  • mitchklongmitchklong Registered User Posts: 813 Member
    Consider LLCs. Pillar house in in 17th, and demand hasnt been that high so you will likely get in.
This discussion has been closed.