right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Cooper Union is rumored to release decisions tomorrow (4/1). Share your outcome!
Tulane is rumored to release decisions today (3/31). Share your outcome!
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

Those who got deferred or rejected, what were your stats?

Mollinator5Mollinator5 11 replies7 threads Junior Member
I somehow got accepted with low stats, so I am curious how they admit CLA and CBS applicants.
16 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Those who got deferred or rejected, what were your stats?

• funder7funder7 7 replies2 threads New Member

what were you stats if you dont mind me asking?!
    · Reply · Share
  • Mollinator5Mollinator5 11 replies7 threads Junior Member
    @funder7 3.5 GPA senior year (3.2 freshman, 3.68 sophomore, and 3.62 junior), 26 ACT, 1170 SAT (1180 superscore)

A lot of hooks like autism, ADHD, physical disability, and hearing loss. Essay on my 17 surgeries and two rare medical condtions (MRKH and Klippel Feil)
    · Reply · Share
  • funder7funder7 7 replies2 threads New Member
    Congrats!
    · Reply · Share
  • khgh2020khgh2020 45 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Has anyone heard of any EA's being rejected yet? Or are they saving those until the end? Still waiting here.
    · Reply · Share
  • ie2020ie2020 47 replies3 threads Junior Member
    Son deferred from CLA. ACT 30, uw GPA 3.86, Wisconsin. Surprised by the deferral, still hoping good news may follow.
    · Reply · Share
  • drjdillondrjdillon 109 replies1 threads Junior Member
    I am still totally perplexed by this
    · Reply · Share
  • Mollinator5Mollinator5 11 replies7 threads Junior Member
    @ie2020 Did he barely do any extracurriculars or was a white male with high income? That could be why. They want diverse people who do a lot of stuff.
    · Reply · Share
  • bigten1000bigten1000 6 replies2 threads New Member
    @ie2020 My guess based on people from my school(OOS Illinois) with significantly lower stats than you getting accepted is it is more based on your state than extracurriculars. You don't help bump up in-state averages for them but you also don't give OOS tuition. I noticed on Naviance that Minnesota started letting in a lot more people from my school in recent years, most likely due to their rise in tuition for OOS kids.
    · Reply · Share
    @Mollinator5 We is a white and middle class - not what you would consider high income. He has great ECs. Lots of volunteer work with ELL children/adults, works with refugees, etc. Still trying to wait patiently as MN is his first choice, but meanwhile has some nice offers/scholarships to fall back on.
    · Reply · Share
    My son received his acceptance on Monday! Finally! Good luck to those of you still waiting.
    · Reply · Share
  • jmsstbjmsstb 168 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Do they email when status is updated? My D isn’t the check the portal type of kid.
    · Reply · Share
    @jmsstb My son did receive an email at about the same time his portal changed.
    · Reply · Share
  • jmsstbjmsstb 168 replies2 threads Junior Member
    UMN last school my D is waiting on....any other deferred students still waiting for a decision?
    · Reply · Share
  • Jay101Jay101 2 replies0 threads New Member
    I still am. Thinking I got denied tho since more deferred students got their decisions back in February
    · Reply · Share
  • aewlmomaewlmom 124 replies4 threads Junior Member
    My S applied on 10/17 and was accepted to his first choice (after being deferred EA) just yesterday -- College of Science and Engineering

So don't give up hope yet!
    · Reply · Share
  • DdapplyfromcanDdapplyfromcan 24 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @aewlmom, congratulations, your son's stats is very impressive.
    · Reply · Share