right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. Due to very high demand we will be streaming the event on our Facebook page. Let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Cooper Union is rumored to release decisions tomorrow (4/1). Share your outcome!
Tulane is rumored to release decisions today (3/31). Share your outcome!
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

Deferred - What are the odds I get in?

rijumwrijumw 0 replies1 threads New Member
In October I applied for the University of Minnesota twin Cities with CLA as my first choice and CFANS as my second choice, and I just found out earlier today that I was deferred. What are the odds that I am accepted? When will I find out? My ACT is 27 and GPA is 3.25 with 10+ AP classes and entire senior year PSEO as well as year round extra curriculars
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Deferred - What are the odds I get in?

• xxPREACHERxxxxPREACHERxx 5 replies5 threads New Member
    good chance
    · Reply · Share
  • ie2020ie2020 47 replies3 threads Junior Member
    @rijumw My son was deferred, too. Wisconsin. ACT 30, uw GPA of 3.86 with many AP classes. Lots of ECs and leadership stuff, etc. Applied to CLA. Keep us posted if/when you hear anything!
    · Reply · Share
  • PublisherPublisher 10254 replies129 threads Senior Member
    Depends upon UM-Twin Cities' yield of accepted applicants. Past stats may be somewhat unreliable as UM-TC switched away from a rolling admissions system just a couple of years ago.

In short, it is unpredictable. Best advice = make sure that you have a back-up school.
    · Reply · Share
  • wadewoodsonwadewoodson 19 replies15 threads Junior Member
    I'm shocked your son got deferred. Those are very high stats for CLA. I just got in today after being deferred with 3.3 gpa and 25 ACT, in state student. I think your son has a great chance of getting in.
    · Reply · Share
  • ie2020ie2020 47 replies3 threads Junior Member
    My son was deferred on 1/13/20 and received his acceptance letter last night. Good lucky to everyone else still waiting!
    · Reply · Share