Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Hi there! You may have noticed things have changed on this site. You can learn more about that here.

Greek Life Ole Miss

widdy91widdy91 Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
Greek Life at Ole Miss

Hi All ! I am an OOS student from the midwest and will most likely be attending ole miss this coming fall (2011). I have alot of questions about the greek life and the rush process there. I know the rush process is much more intense and i was wondering if anyone can walk me through the process so that there is nothing i miss. I know some chapters want letters of recommendation and have questions about that.

Also, a big thing im slightly concerned with. As an OOS student from the midwest im worried about people taking where im from the wrong way (ex: not giving me a chance during rush due to me being from OOS). I am a really easy going person and from what i hear about the school it sounds like i would fit in well with all the stereotypes that ole miss has (very social, party, preppy kids). But i have also heard that some frats only take kids from MS or memphis.

I am looking for feedback from current students or recent alum. I know what frat your in has a huge effect on how much fun you have hear (ecspecially your first two years). So anything that would help me better my chances for getting a bid with the "better' frats on campus would be great !

and please no bashing of the greek life thing, i know it's not for everyone but its somthing i want to be a part of. By bashing it your being just as "judgemental" and stuck up as you perceive them to be so please try and keep it helpful !

Thank you in advance for you feedback !
This discussion has been closed.