Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Hmm, it's quiet in here

jaf1991jaf1991 Registered User Posts: 435 Member
edited November 2008 in University of Nebraska
Any one here attending or planning to attend UNL on an NHRP scholarship?
Post edited by jaf1991 on

Replies to: Hmm, it's quiet in here

• kinglinkinglin Registered User Posts: 2,296 Senior Member
    I'm a student at Nebraska.
  • jaf1991jaf1991 Registered User Posts: 435 Member
    My daughter is thinking about attending Nebraska on a National Hispanic Scholarship. She's hesitant; we're from the west coast and she's not sure what to expect in the midwest. Are you originally from the midwest? How's Lincoln?
    Hello? Hello?
  • way2bizEnowway2bizEnow Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    My son applied, we are just waiting to hear. We are OOS, he checks every day, so hopefully some good news soon?
    Yes, we're just waiting, too. If you're in New Jersey, I'm thinking Nebraska has to seem as foreign to you as it does to us. Did you visit at all?
  • way2bizEnowway2bizEnow Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    We are from NJ, but my daughter attends school in the Mid-West and LOVES it. She feels that people/students from the tri-state (NY,NJ,PA,CT) area are more competive and sometimes not so nice. She has really enjoyed living away from home. I think my son will welcome the change. Heck....why not try something different while you are young? My son also wants a large state school with a good sports program. That is very important to him. Whereas my daughter attends a small private D3 school. So I guess it is different strokes for different folks. I just wish we would hear, so I could plan some college visits.
    My daughter hasn't been that interested in the sports program. We are mostly interested in the academic scholarships. She has been a swimmer since 3rd grade but up until about 2 weeks ago never considered swimming in college (it's amazing what a really good senior swim season can do for your confidence). Nebraska is a school where she would at least have a shot at swimming. Her other choices so far are Alabama and Arizona; it would take some real work on her part to talk herself onto either one of those teams. Her first choice right now is Arizona; Nebraska is #2.
This discussion has been closed.