What do you guys think?
GPA: 4.042 Un-Weighted (w/ Honors Points)
CLASS RANK: 18/153 (Top 11.7%)
06/2011 - 31 Composite (32 English, 34 Reading, 28 Math, 28
02/2011 - 30 Composite (35 English, 32 Reading, 28 Math, 26 Science)
AP Biology - 3
AP English Language - 4
AP English Literature (Senior year)
AP Psychology (Senior year)
AP Macroeconomics (Senior Year)
*24 Honors/AP Courses through Junior year*
Grades on a 7-point grading scale: 93%-100% = A, 85-92 = B, etc.
C+(long story, will be explained in my counselor rec) B-
Skipped the Seventh Grade
3 Years as Elected Class President
Editor-in-Chief of award-winning school newspaper (2 years as a staff writer, editor senior year)
- Michigan Interscholastic Press Association Award for Informative/Investigative piece
Winner - Grand Rapids Economic Club Essay Contest Right-to-Work for Michigan: Progress or Peril? - 1700 word research paper on the economic effects of Right-to-Work legislation
- One-hundred and fifty submissions, ten finalists, cash prizes awarded at monthly Economic Club forum.
Runner-up - Gerald R. Ford Museum Essay Contest
- Hundreds of essay submissions from Michigan - 18 finalists selected and 3 winners were declared. I was one of three from the eighteen to receive an honorable mention.
- Chosen by faculty to join a select group of student who minister to the needs of the student body. Peer ministers attend a three-daytraining session and organize help sessions with students in need.
CORE Team Member
- Chosen by faculty to organize 3-day senior retreat. 30 students were chosen from 100+ applicants.
4 Years of Football (3 years as captain)
- 2010 MHSAA Division 4 State Champion
- Elected member of team Unity Council senior year
(Unity council consists of three players from each level. Disciplinary issues are handled by the group and all concerns from the players are directed to the committee.)
4 years of Lacrosse (3 years on varsity)
2 years of Basketball (1 year as captain)
Two-time Bronze Medalist - National Spanish Exam
Trigonometry summer course at Grand Rapids Community College
Nominated for DISCUS Award
8 years of piano lessons
- Participated in competitions and festivals around the state of Michigan
3-time Superior rating - National Piano Federation Testing
Volunteer - No Barriers USA Foundation
- Guide for Deaf/Blind father
Inaugural University of Cincinnati DAAP Summer Design Experience Participant
- Attended week-long pre-college week-long camp at the University of Cincinnatis prestigious design school
Founder of SPAT Performance Footwear, LLC
- Developing performance football cleat, working with manufacturers/designers to eliminate wasteful athletic tape and prevent ankle injuries (Spat Performance Footwear - Cleats, Shoes, Footwear
) (William N. Barkeley, 16, Working with Renowned Architect on Prototype for Next Generation Footwear | PRLog
Member of RenegadeCEOs - Incubator for a select group of teen entrepreneurs
Wolfgangs Restaurant - 4 months (16 hrs./week)
- Worked on the weekends during the school year as a busboy
Cascade Hills Country Club - Summer Season 2011 (30-40 hrs./week)
- Worked in the golf course bag room. Built relationships with members while maintaining the reputation of the club.
Michigan Athletic Club - Year Round (4 hrs./week - Seasonal)
Statistician for Mens Basketball League. Responsible for setting up score table, washing jerseys and managing statistics for the club website (Men's MAC Basketball League
Michigan State University (mother)
University of Southern California (father and brother)
Miami University (Ohio) (brother)