Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Holistic Review

hghschjuniorhghschjunior Registered User Posts: 256 Junior Member
I just applied to UNC (OOS). Would love to go but my weighted average is a 3.92 and my act is a 28 so dont know if I have much of a shot. Taking act again in October and hoping to get a 31, maybe that would help. I spent alot of time on both essays for this school and I have alot of ec's and a great resume. I also have developed for 2 years my own business which ive highlighted on my app. I have a ton of ap, aice and honors courses. 21 of the 27 courses that I have/will have completed and 25 of those are core subjects.

Any thoughts?
Post edited by hghschjunior on

Replies to: Holistic Review

• JohnBlackJohnBlack Registered User Posts: 314 Member
    UNC (OOS) is super competitive. With a low tuition charge its a great deal -- if you can get in. If your weighted is a 3.92 I'm assuming your UW is low and your not in the top 10% of your class?

That aside, a 27 is too low to make you a viable OOS applicant. A 31 puts you in the running...but it's easier said than done.

Why UNC? What state are you from? Where else are you applying?
  • hghschjuniorhghschjunior Registered User Posts: 256 Junior Member
    27? I have a 28 ACT superscored and they do superscore.

Im applying to U of Tenn
    clemson
    u south carolina
    northeastern
    u of virginia (ha!!!)
    u of conn
    uf
    fsu
    fau
    usf
    unf
  • SnoginthelooSnogintheloo Registered User Posts: 123 Junior Member
    From my experience as a transfer this year, it really depends. Some of the people I talked too had straight A's and a perfect ACT and still didn't get in. Whatever your rockin', make sure your essay is awesome!
This discussion has been closed.