Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Granville to On-Campus

acarrollina16acarrollina16 Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
Hi everyone! I'm a freshman next year, and I am choosing to live in Granville. However, I might be considering trying to live in the Kenan Community my sophomore year. Is this unlikely to happen since I won't already have a housing contract???
Post edited by acarrollina16 on

Replies to: Granville to On-Campus

• jessimo093jessimo093 Registered User Posts: 422 Member
    If you don't come in with over a semester of credits, there's almost no way you will be able to get into Kenan as a sophomore. I came in with 28 credits and there were none left when I went to pick for next year.

However, I can't comment on Granville. I heard that you get last dibs but that may have changed...really not sure, sorry.
  • SJR0523SJR0523 Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    You'll need some incoming credit to live in the Kenan community. If you have more than 30 credits at the semester break, you can email housing and they will move your registration time to a sophomore slot.
    Personally, I haven't met anyone going from Granville to On-Campus as many of the people in Granville stay, movie off campus, or go greek. You could get a late selection time due to having no previous housing contract.
    You might need to have a roommate with an early selection time and a previous housing contract to pull you in.
  • cmberrizcmberriz Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    I've met many Granville to On-Campus people. The Kenan Community is absolutely great, but all of the North Campus dorms are really nice! I suggest living on campus at least once while at Carolina. I was deciding between Granville and South Campus, chose South Campus and I absolutely love everything about the experience down here! Next year I'm living with some friends on North Campus!
This discussion has been closed.