Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Ruffin vs. Old East

Simba01Simba01 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
Which one has less upperclassmen? I'll be a sophomore and was offered a spot off the waiting list for Old East, but am currently assigned to Ruffin. Old East is a really good location, but I heard it is mostly seniors. Any thoughts?
Post edited by Simba01 on

Replies to: Ruffin vs. Old East

• cloyingcloying Registered User Posts: 884 Member
    Go for Old East!! It's arguably the best dorm on campus. Ruffin is great too - you can't go wrong - but Old East is great. And actually, I don't think many seniors at all really live on campus. It'll be a good place to live close to EVERYTHING!
  • phonyreal98phonyreal98 Registered User Posts: 1,984 Senior Member
    Go for Old East. Trust me as someone who has lived in Grimes and Old East.

Disclaimer is that there are a lot more triples in Old East than Ruffin.
  • tarheel14tarheel14 Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    Honestly, I'd go for Old East. Once you leave the suite style dorms, you lose much of the sense of community and don't interact with your hallmates/dormates as much. Not that that's always the case, or that quieter dorms is a bad thing, but it definitely renders the age argument obsolete. It really doesn't matter whether you're a sophomore or senior, because by that point everyone has their set group of friends/activities and aren't looking to hang around the dorm as much.

Also, yeah, most juniors/seniors tend to live off campus anyway so I doubt you'll come across many seniors. So yes, definitely go for location! Old East can't be beat in that sense. Besides, even if it is mostly older students, befriending upperclassmen always has great advantages!
This discussion has been closed.