Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Things for Siblings to do...

ClemsonProudClemsonProud Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
I am bringing DS over for a campus visit in early August and may have to bring his siblings along. What are some things they could do near campus during the 10:00 a.m. campus tour? Both teenagers.
Post edited by ClemsonProud on

Replies to: Things for Siblings to do...

• jessimo093jessimo093 Registered User Posts: 422 Member
    Well if they like sports, there are a bunch of facilities outside they could use to play basketball or something. However I'm a summer tour guide and I can tell you that even walking around during the tour is more than enough time outside in this heat. There's a movie theater on franklin st, there are a bunch of restaurants, there's a mall pretty close by - is there anything in particular they do at home to pass time? I could give some more specific recommendations that way.

But why not just bring them on the tour? If they're teenagers, they will have start to think about college in a few years, and I like to think that me and my fellow tour guides do a pretty decent job of keeping everybody entertained. I almost always have a few younger siblings in my groups as well.
  • AmazhonAmazhon Registered User Posts: 558 Member
    There is a basketball museum on campus and a bookstore that has a eatery where wher you can grab a bite and something to read. If they are responsible teens perhaps let them stroll Franklin Street. FYI-I took my 6 y.o. niece along and the tour was interesting enough to keep her occupied. The info session was a little rough on her, but she handled the tour fine.
This discussion has been closed.