Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Looking for clothes to buy

MikethechimpMikethechimp Registered User Posts: 327 Member
I'm not trying to look trendy or fashionable but I want to look at least somewhat decent when I step on campus in a week.

I have never paid attention to what I wear unless it looks downright ridiculous.

What should I get? (this is not so much a question directed at UNC life but for Southern college life in general)
Post edited by Mikethechimp on

Replies to: Looking for clothes to buy

• luke8ballluke8ball Registered User Posts: 159 Junior Member
    UNC is in the South, so most people are very hospitable; however, it's much more liberal than the rest of NC. Moreover, I'll be the first to say that no one's going to care how you look - folks aren't too judgemental.

With that said, this isn't high-school anymore, so I wouldn't shop at stores like AE, Hollister, Abercrombie, etc. Get yourself some dress shirts, flannels, polos, workout clothes, UNC shirts (though I'm sure you'll get free ones in the coming weeks).

Don't get cargo shorts - go for jeans and khaki shorts. If you're planning on going greek, then you'll have to ask others for advice.

Again, don't spend a lot on clothes, b/c honestly, no one really cares.
  • keepittoyourselfkeepittoyourself Registered User Posts: 1,546 Senior Member
    Are you male? The UNC look is chinos or jeans, and either a polo shirt or a collared shirt so baggy that you could fit a dead body under there.
  • luke8ballluke8ball Registered User Posts: 159 Junior Member
    ^^That too.
  • jessimo093jessimo093 Registered User Posts: 422 Member
    Are you planning on joining a frat? Then you might want "southern" clothes. Otherwise, it makes absolutely no difference what you wear. Don't worry about it.
  • MikethechimpMikethechimp Registered User Posts: 327 Member
    Got em. Thanks guys
This discussion has been closed.