Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Questions about the Morehead Cain.

UNCTillDeathUNCTillDeath Registered User Posts: 101 Junior Member
I was nominated for the Morehead Cain by my school and I was wondering if this means the following:

Does this mean I'm basically accepted or is it meaningless since it was done by the school?

Also, does this mean I'll get my acceptance letter early by chance? I was nominated for the Levine Scholarship (UNCC) and I got my acceptance letter yesterday instead of the original January 30th date.

Thanks! If you want to chance me for UNC, you can do so here: http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1413112-chance-me-unc-chapel-hill-nyu-nc-state.html
Post edited by UNCTillDeath on

Replies to: Questions about the Morehead Cain.

• jessimo093jessimo093 Registered User Posts: 422 Member
    The scholarship is completely separate from the school. The nomination is a good indicator that you will be accepted just because of the grades and extracurriculars you likely have that got you the nomination, but it means nothing during the admissions process. You will not get your decision earlier either.
This discussion has been closed.