Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Decisions are up

Replies to: Decisions are up

• vatownsendvatownsend Registered User Posts: 138 Junior Member
    really bummed. no one from my school got in. at least i can now move on. i guess likely means waitlisted, too. just pray for me with wm.
    cause i won't take that rejection as well!
  • catalystcatalyst Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    That's so odd....in-state a likely letter is esssentially the same thing as an acceptance.

Best of luck to you vatownsend
  • beatdukebeatduke Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    oos rejected.
  • newcoolnewcool Registered User Posts: 110 Junior Member
    oos from NY rejected too.
  • ElizabethtownElizabethtown Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    UNC admissions really pushes the idea that there is no difference between EA and RD. But if you look at the postings on the EA acceptance thread, there are sure a lot more acceptances. Not too many here!
  • ldmom06ldmom06 Registered User Posts: 5,564 Senior Member
    I'll post for my d...

Accepted OOS from Texas.
    SAT: 2230
    SATII: Lit/Math/Bio-M total about the same
    Unwtd GPA: 3.6 - 3.7 (7 APs, remainder Honors/GT except PE/Art...)
    Misc: Nat'l Merit Finalist, Nat'l Hispanic Scholar, First place State History Day, Third place National History Day, varsity/competitive cheerleader (national championx2/NCA finalist), bunch of leadership (yearbook editor, stuco), community service: hospital volunteer, camp counselor, Habitat for Humanity....; three honor societies; work: waitress/cheerleading skills instructor, great writer

She is very happy... Carolina is a top choice school for her. We will be visiting in a couple of weeks and she (and we) can't wait.
  • jackjack - Posts: 1,615 Senior Member
    Congratulations to your daughter, ldmom06! And to speckonthemirror & chlor! And to those who did not receive acceptances, all the best to you. Many of you probably already have--or will have-- other great schools from which to choose.
  • ldmom06ldmom06 Registered User Posts: 5,564 Senior Member
    Thanks jack!!

Congrats to everyone as well! From reading the boards, I know many who didn't receive UNC acceptances are already holding acceptances from other great schools! Much more success is in the future for all.
  • zoom1017zoom1017 Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    hey, i got rejected, too, oos

this is a fun game

maybe if that all state diver at my school didnt apply to unc also, i would have stood a better chance, theyre paying him to go there :/
  • motpasm23motpasm23 Registered User Posts: 151 Junior Member
    accepted from FL. hopefully i can get into an ivy.
  • age136age136 Registered User Posts: 259 Junior Member
    waitlisted OOS, legacy

oh well, im still waiting on other schools
  • greysfan26greysfan26 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    accepted...in-state!
  • samedisamedi Registered User Posts: 120 Junior Member
    Waitlisted OOS (NY). I'm actually pretty flattered I wasn't rejected. Congrats to the FEW of you who got in RD, and good luck to everyone else. I'm sure you all have/will have great prospects.

Stats for future reference:
    93 GPA
    700V/710M/800W
    SAT IIs: 770/750/700/560
    Pres of NHS
    Pres/Founder of tutoring club
    Managing editor of school paper
    Blah blah blah
  • samedisamedi Registered User Posts: 120 Junior Member
    By the way, I will probably not be accepting a place on the waitlist but just to clarify, what are the disadvantages of this scenario:

I decide to accept a place on the waitlist but I end up enrolling at, say, Penn State in April. UNC tells me they want me in June. If I decide to switch to UNC (can I do that?), are the main problems that a) I have already made an enrollment deposit at PSU and b) I will be registering late for UNC housing and classes?

Sorry if this is confusing, haha.
  • TuckerMaxJrTuckerMaxJr Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    Rejected out of state...I knew it was coming, but that doesn't make it hurt any less. I feel like i just got smacked in the face by tyler hansborough
This discussion has been closed.