Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Decisions are up

Replies to: Decisions are up

• ldmom06ldmom06 Registered User Posts: 5,564 Senior Member
    chillmandan....that's on every board at decision time....check WashU's board for the extreme side of it. It's called disappointment....and the need to vent. Human stuff.

And you should be very proud you got into UNC, instate or out of state, doesn't matter. UNC is not in the habit of taking slackers.
  • anushaanusha Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    i got in!
    stats:
    instate, female
    GPA: 3.88(uw) 4.5(w); 6 APs-4's in 3 of them
    SAT: 700(CR) 710(M) 680(W) SATII -710(math I), 750(math II)
    ACT: 32
    ECs: Community Outreach Club, SGAC, Student Govt, IFC Committee, Different Drummer, Science/math Clubs, Dance lessons, Volunteering at the UNC hospiatal and CH library etc

i wonder if i'll get any scholarships...
  • maddog222maddog222 Registered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    boy, i am glad i actually like my parents and find it ok that they get on here and get info. as for growing up, if you think posting something rude is growing up, wrong. who pays for school guys? who paid for those apps. and the sats. must say i like my mom, actually take her advice some, even though she irritates me too. but if you don't have anything better to do than trash your keepers, you have a problem.

btw, grow up. school is all about the numbers and if you don't know that then you will be very disappointed getting in med school or law school or even a decent job. if 5000 white guys all apply for the same job, it is a crap shoot who gets it! now if they happen to need a little flavor in the office, it mixes it all up, doesn't it?
  • LaNewYorkerLaNewYorker Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    I will be paying for my own college tuition. And respectively I paid for ALL of my college applications, and SATS...
  • iney0126iney0126 Registered User Posts: 76 Junior Member
    Accepted! International student who lives in CT
  • locke913locke913 Registered User Posts: 118 Junior Member
    rejected :(
    well not that I was expecting a acceptance anyways being OOS.
  • med1488med1488 Registered User Posts: 103 Junior Member
    i was accepted, and just set up my onyen and checked my financial aid... i got the "university trademark scholarship" for $10,260, and a "tuition grant" for $1100. so basically i'm paying about the same as in-state? i'm pretty psyched about this..

is getting the "university trademark scholarship" any indication of.. anything? maybe chance at honors program? or is that just the generic name for UNC's general kinda scholarship
  • HSDropOutHSDropOut Registered User Posts: 95 Junior Member
    WaitListed--OOS, how can they expect you to wait until June to make your final decision. Man now its between UGA,NYU, and Columbia.
  • zippozippo Registered User Posts: 218 Junior Member
    Some of you don't seem to know how the waitlist process goes. Basically you commit to another school by their deadline (which is proably May 1), sending in the deposit and everything - working on the assumption that you will not be admited off the waitlist. Then in June you get your decision from UNC. If you want to go there bad enough, you forfeit your deposit, change plans and go to UNC.
  • taylawntaylawn Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    OOS accepted.

4.1 weighted, 2190 SAT, Merit Finalist, competitive private school, 8 APs

Student Council, Blood Drive organizer, Blood Drive volunteer, multiple clothing and food drives at school, Math Team, Beta Club secretary, in charge of NHS Induction, and more that I can't recall at this time 'cause I'm hella excited.
  • dj88dj88 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    accepted out of state with full ride..

sorry to hear bout your rejections guys
  • TanCatTanCat Registered User Posts: 65 Junior Member
    dj88,

Is your full-ride scholarship merit-based? What is it called?
    When did you learn about it?

Sorry... So many questions...
  • dj88dj88 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    merit based, called the carolina scholars..scholarship. i went to a finalists day in february, and found out about a month ago that i got the scholarship.
  • HSDropOutHSDropOut Registered User Posts: 95 Junior Member
    I was wondering how many of you who were waitlisted are gonna remain on the waitlist. And what are the chances that you will drop the school that you do get into to if UNC later does accept you?
  • arsharsh Registered User Posts: 93 Junior Member
    accepted..........oos...........how? Oh Well............Go Tarheels!
This discussion has been closed.