Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

What happens if we don't take the SAT II?

tahitahi Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
My graduation was supposed to be on May 28 but it was suddenly moved to June 3rd, the same day as the last test date for the SAT II Math 2! Now I have to choose between SAT II and graduation and, frankly, it's looking like graduation's going to win!

Anyone else miss the deadline/unable to take the SAT II? Anyone know what will happen if we don't take the test before CTOPS?
Post edited by tahi on

Replies to: What happens if we don't take the SAT II?

• LadyjournalisttLadyjournalistt Registered User Posts: 120 Junior Member
    I didnt realize until recently that I even had to take the SAT II for math for orientation. it just means you won't be able to take your math class first semester... well that's how it may be for many if their scores aren't in by the time of orientation. You may have a problem, not sure, but do call UNC and ask. I was worried too, but I'm registered for that May SAT II for math. Idk if I'll have my scores in by then though...

Good choice by choosing your graduation over your SAT II lol
  • ldmom06ldmom06 Registered User Posts: 5,564 Senior Member
    Hi - I remember seeing information about what score is required for which math placement. Does anyone remember where that is located on the UNC website...or do they remember what is required to place out of entry level maths?

Luckily my d has taken a bunch of SAT IIs including Math L1 and L2...but she may want to retake to bump her score if she is close to a cutoff.
  • fromdistantstarfromdistantstar Registered User Posts: 316 Member
    did you ever call unc to find out about this?

i just recently (today, actually) got in off the waiting list after completely not expecting to do so. now i can't sign up for SAT stuff, because it's too late.

do we just wait until 2nd semester to take a math class? or is something else happening?
  • muffin99000muffin99000 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    i got off the wait list last week and missed the deadline for late sat II signups by one day, so i am curious about this too.

i believe we just can't take a math first semester, and will just have to take some sort of test in the fall? i would like to know that result of that call also.
  • unccadet08unccadet08 Registered User Posts: 204 Junior Member
    yea, if you haven't taken the SAT II math IIC yet then all that really means is you can't take your calculus class your first semester. No big deal though, you take college at your own pace. Take your math your last semster of college if you want.
This discussion has been closed.