Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UNC Class of 2020 EA Discussion Thread

Replies to: UNC Class of 2020 EA Discussion Thread

• allthingsteslaallthingstesla Registered User Posts: 155 Junior Member
    Did anyone else get their FA award? I was really disappointed with how little I was given, especially as an OOS student. UNC costs twice as much as the other schools I've already been accepted to, so it's definitely off my list.
  • stargoatstargoat Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    @a20171 I was accepted OOS with a 2040 SAT-- quit your worrying and enjoy the spring!
  • FKAtwigsFKAtwigs Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    @stargoat Check the laptop grant link in Connect Carolina again. It loaded today.
  • jasisherejasishere Registered User Posts: 98 Junior Member
    @FKAtwigs Does yours say the amount of money? Mine just tells me which package is covered
    @jasishere yup, down to the exact dollar.
    @FKAtwigs Where does it say that? I think I might be going slightly crazy because I can't find it!
    This is what mine says:
    Congratulations! You have been awarded a full CCI Laptop Grant. This award will cover the full cost of the CCI ThinkPad 13 Laptop Package. This grant is separate from any other financial aid you receive toward tuition and other expenses, and is limited to the purchase of a CCI Laptop Package from the Tech Shop at the UNC Student Stores.

You may redeem this grant by placing your order for a CCI Laptop Package through the CCI website before October 15, 2016.

Before placing your order, please take the time to familiarize yourself with the CCI Laptop Grant Agreement attached to this letter. In order to redeem this grant you will be required to sign and agree to the terms and conditions of this award when you receive your CCI laptop computer.

If you have already paid for your laptop, please contact the CCI Sales Team at [email protected] to sign the CCI Laptop Agreement and apply this grant to your order.

If you have any questions, please visit http://help.unc.edu or call our IT Service Desk for assistance.

Best wishes and welcome to Carolina!
    @jasishere oh I'm sorry! I thought you meant my financial aid package! But no, it doesn't say how much money for the package. It will be the lowest laptop package they offer to students for sure. I'm gonna end up paying extra to get a MacBook.
    @FKAtwigs Oh okay! That makes sense. Sorry for the confusion!
  • stargoatstargoat Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    @FKAtwigs thanks for thinking of me! I got the full grant! Definitely leaning more toward Chapel Hill as a result
  • collegebound1516collegebound1516 Registered User Posts: 327 Member
    Anyone know when decisions come out for deferred students?
  • DevilStickDevilStick Registered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
    @collegebound1516 from other threads, it appears UNC has yet to send the usual instructions email. (The one they sent a day before EA release.) That suggests RD decisions won't be released until sometime next week. Sorry. Hopefully I'm wrong.
  • jtut2006jtut2006 Registered User Posts: 180 Junior Member
    Deferred comes out after the r.d. deadline
  • HRSMomHRSMom Registered User Posts: 4,607 Senior Member
    Deferred decisions come at same time as RD.
  • jtut2006jtut2006 Registered User Posts: 180 Junior Member
    I mean if you are deferred and then you must wait for those accepted to decline their spot and open up for a deferred.
  • chemmchimneychemmchimney Registered User Posts: 660 Member
    @jtut2006 If you are deferred you are now part if the RD pool and your decision will come out with RD. If you are wait-listed then you have to wait and see if a spot opens up.
This discussion has been closed.