Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What are my chances of getting into UNC Chapel Hill if i slacked Freshman/Sophomore year?

ELeonorELeonor Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I am an in-state student who did very poorly during my freshman and sophomore year of high school because i went to an arts school and was more focused on my majors than academics. My grades from those two years range from A's to C's and one D... I know it sounds really bad which is why i decided to switch to a Middle College High School program. I am currently a junior and just finished my first semester at this new high school and community college and received A's and B's. I also took a few college classes that also count as a high school credit so that will show up on my transcript as well. I'm not sure what my current GPA is with the classes i just finished, but it was a WGPA of 3.20 and UWGPA of 2.83. Since i am in this program, i will be graduating next year with a High School Diploma and an Associates Degree in Science from my community college. I haven't taken the SAT or ACT yet but i'm planning to work on getting high scores on them. Extracurriculars aren't a problem for me since i was in enough art classes and clubs at my previous school. I know this is pretty complicated, but i would really appreciate feedback on whether you think i could achieve getting accepted into UNC Chapel Hill? Please let me know of other UNC schools you believe i could possibly get accepted into if you know of any. Thanks :)

Replies to: What are my chances of getting into UNC Chapel Hill if i slacked Freshman/Sophomore year?

This discussion has been closed.