Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

How rigorous is Kenan Flagler (need advice)?

waddupswaddups Registered User Posts: 278 Junior Member
Hey guys, so I am a high school senior who was admitted to UNC in January and I was also given assured admission into Kenan Flager (UNC's B school). I have not accepted my offer yet (and do not plan to until I get back decisions from the ivies + other schools), but the chances of me going to UNC next year (and taking advantage of the early assurance program) is high.

I am heavily considering law school and admission to a T14 law school is largely dependent upon one's GPA. I have family attending UNC and I do know that grade inflation is definitely not a thing at UNC. In fact, it seems like students at UNC suffer from grade deflation. This puts UNC students at a disadvantage when compared to students from other schools, like Harvard or Stanford, that is known for grade inflation.

Is the B school extremely rigorous? How hard would it be to pull a 3.9+ at the B school? How about a double major (Business and Math)?

Here is a blurb to help you guys know the type of student I am:

I do not spend most of my time studying, and I doubt I will in college. I know I will need to put in the work to get into a top law program; however, I do not want my social life to take a hit. I'm not going to lie, I will probably be a part of the party scene in college in the same way that I've been in high school. Not extensive partying, maybe 1 party every week or two. I do drink (conservatively) at parties, but never been drunk or even buzzed. I never tried drugs; however, I might experiment a bit in college, but I do not plan on becoming a stoner or frequently dropping acid. I'm pretty good at managing my time. I've had a pretty satisfying social life in high school and have managed to be Valedictorian, involved in unique ECs with awards, and get test scores in the top 1%ish.

Thank you everyone for the advice.
This discussion has been closed.