Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

What if I was waitlisted??

AngelChen34AngelChen34 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
I was so sad yesterday knowing that I was waitlisted for UNC economics major. I am OOS + international transfer. IS there any hope...

Replies to: What if I was waitlisted??

• ftrsimmonsftrsimmons Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    Last year less than 5 people made it off the waitlist, so I am not holding my breath. The only thing I read that you can do, is submit your end of year grades.
  • noname87noname87 Registered User Posts: 1,112 Senior Member
    According to the 2015-2016 Common Data Set, 3144 students were offered a place on the wait list, 1513 accepted a place on the wait list and 78 were admitted. Not sure of the OOS/instate/international breakdown.
  • ftrsimmonsftrsimmons Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    My post was specifically referring to transfer students. Directly from UNC, in 2015 less than 5 people made it off the waitlist and only 8 in 2014. I am sure the number differs for First Year students.
  • noname87noname87 Registered User Posts: 1,112 Senior Member
    ^ Sorry, I missed the fact that this is a transfer student. My post was for First Year students which does not apply here.
This discussion has been closed.