So far UNC is my top choice. I don't see a real solid reason for being denied there, but I still worry. Here are my numbers and some things that may affect admission. I realize that each case is different, and that many qualified applicants get denied. I just need some reassurance or some advice as to what else I could do before I start my application in a couple of weeks.
- IB diploma program (haven't taken exams yet)
- Straight As (4.0 GPA unweighted and currently ranked 1st in my class)
- Started a charity/business
- Attended UNC's summer session II (open to rising seniors)
- SAT (new): 1410 (should I try to retake?)
- ACT: 29
- Lots of volunteer work and involvement in extra-curricular activities in/out of school
- Accepted in NHS
- Not involved in sports
I can't really think of anything else at the moment. I definitely have some things that make me "unique" I guess. I'm just worried my SAT score isn't high enough. It's not quite "above average" when compared to the 2017 class profile. It would be better to get in the 1500s, but I don't think I can go through studying for it for the 4th time. My GPA is fine, I'm in IB, I have lots of volunteer work under my belt, I just don't know what else I can do.