Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
The Forums will be unavailable Tuesday, June 25 starting at 9 am ET as we prepare for a major design update!

UNC Transfer fall 2019

Replies to: UNC Transfer fall 2019

• writeredwritered Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    @HSstudentNC, thank you so much. That was really helpful! Really appreciate your willingness to share your experiences.
  • penntouscpenntousc Registered User Posts: 1,288 Senior Member
    @wwu9907 have you been in contact with them or sent final grades since being put on the waitlist? I'm on the wait list as well and I'm hoping to hear back soon
  • hbh2017hbh2017 Registered User Posts: 81 Junior Member
    @HSstudentNC How do you know if admissions has received your final transcript if you are on the waitlist? There is not a checklist anymore on My UNC to show items received.
  • HSstudentNCHSstudentNC Registered User Posts: 426 Member
    I apologize, but I’m unfamiliar with how the waitlist system works. I always had a enrollment checklist/ to do list in Connect Carolina so I am unsure as to why you don’t have one anymore. @hbh2017
  • 123nai123123nai123 Registered User Posts: 24 Junior Member
    I just got admitted off the waitlist and I’m trying to go to the housing portal but I keep getting a login error? Anyone know what this is about
  • penntouscpenntousc Registered User Posts: 1,288 Senior Member
    @123nai123 congrats!

Out of curiosity, have you done anything other than submit your final transcripts since being put on the waitlist?
  • 123nai123123nai123 Registered User Posts: 24 Junior Member
    @penntousc All I did was send in my transcripts, which was like around a week and a half ago
  • wwu9907wwu9907 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I received an email saying there's an update on my application, and I'm not sure yet but probably yes.
  • sobenbahmedsobenbahmed Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Has anyone received a decision since the 20th or the 21st?
  • goheelslmaogoheelslmao Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I know I’m a little late to this thread but is anyone doing the summer transfer program? I’ve been accepted and would love to get acclimated before the fall but that means a month of not working and I’m trying to figure out the pros and cons here
  • 97TarHeel97TarHeel Registered User Posts: 18 Junior Member
    Has anyone seen their accepted credits rejected later? I just saw my transfer report and it shows 7.5 credit hours as rejected that were initially accepted. There is no explanation or any kind of email on this. I'm hoping its some of kind of a mistake on their part. This puts my entire transfer in danger. Doesn't make any sense.

Trying to find some answers. Will call them tomorrow (can't sleep tonight).
  • HSstudentNCHSstudentNC Registered User Posts: 426 Member
    Orientation can be a lot of info to take in, so if anyone who is attending the 1st orientation has any questions, I’d be happy to answer them the best I can.
  • Mozerella24Mozerella24 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    @97TarHeel any updates? Hopefully it was just a mistake
  • 97TarHeel97TarHeel Registered User Posts: 18 Junior Member
    @Mozerella24 one course was a mistake. They corrected it. For the second one (COMP elective), apparently computer science only allows 2 CS courses transferred. One of my re-evals executed and they rejected COMP elective for that. Got 3 credits and lost 4.5 credits from elective. Bummer.

Has anyone been able to transfer more than 2 compsci courses?
  • daniiellesaradaniiellesara Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    Is there an admitted transfer group on facebook or anything like that??