Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
jawjaw Registered User Posts: 805 Member
I heard UNC has a lot of females....does being male help at little bit in admission?
Post edited by jaw on

Replies to: Gender?

• Kofanis0880Kofanis0880 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    its like 58.5f 41.5m so i dont think so.

I got in and i dont think they are looking to balance it out much but i dont think it will help if ur male, it i will just make it harder if ur female
  • TartheheelTartheheel Registered User Posts: 86 Junior Member
    I think your gender would only be a very very tiny factor...If it was so important why would this ~ 60:40 ratio even exist over the past few years... My POV's that more females tend to apply to UNC, more get accepted, and more matriculate...Hence the 60:40 ratio...Being a male would only matter ~1 %...(Please remember that's my POV..)
  • upstater05upstater05 Registered User Posts: 137 Junior Member
    i think the ratio exists like that because of nc state (which is big on engineering). since engineering tends to be a male dominated field, more males matriculate there than at unc (which doesn't offer engineering, other than a new bme major, i believe).

but as far as it helping you in admissions, i would think it would be a very small part. it doesn't seem as if they are trying to balance it out.
This discussion has been closed.