right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

UNC Class of 2023 EA Discussion Thread

Replies to: UNC Class of 2023 EA Discussion Thread

• cgkset19cgkset19 12 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm an OOS applicant and I'm freaking out!! Really hoping UVA and UNC aren't the same day in January!
    · Reply · Share
  • 19he2064019he20640 5 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm betting UNC Decisions and USC scholarship decisions are coming out on the same day so hopefully I won't have pieces of bad news on the same day rip
    · Reply · Share
  • ejn415627ejn415627 23 replies12 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    does anyone know what day decisions come out?
    · Reply · Share
  • doctorunusualdoctorunusual 40 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    I believe it is January 26th for early action since that is where I have it on my calendar, but I don't remember where I saw that date
    · Reply · Share
  • Mcunn226Mcunn226 246 replies9 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 255 Junior Member
    According to UNC admissions, the decision is made “by the end of January”.
    · Reply · Share
  • PastpowerPastpower 377 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 380 Member
    edited December 2018
    Decisions were released that last Friday of January last year with excel, honors, and scholarships released the following Sunday and Monday so I’m betting they’ll follow similar schedules
    edited December 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • fellowrussianfellowrussian 14 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 14 New Member
    I'm curious about the general stats engineering applicants have for UNC, since Biomedical Engineering is the only discipline there. I live out of state, and my school is rather different in which we don't have class rank, GPA's, or AP classes. I got a 1360 on my SAT, have tripled/quadrupled in advanced STEM classes the past two years each semester, and have an estimated unweighted GPA of a 3.7 based on using a GPA calculator (which I'm not 100% sure is accurate). I am also participating in a two-summer Biochemistry internship at Johns Hopkins University, Co-Lead Model UN, and am Project Manager of my school robotics team (two years on the team). I know my stats may be a bit below the standard for UNC, and this school is a reach on my list, but I'm curious if my other contributing factors help in likelihood for admission to the biomedical engineering major.
    · Reply · Share
  • michigan2019michigan2019 21 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 23 Junior Member
    did any alumni child also receive that letter in the mail yesterday
    · Reply · Share
  • srparent15srparent15 298 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 299 Junior Member
    Does anyone know how to withdraw their application? My daughter was accepted into her ED school last week, however, we cannot find anything on the UNC portal where to withdraw the application, whereas other schools all have a link to directly withdraw. She had applied EA. If no link, should she just send an email to admissions? This is the last school left to withdraw from since we haven't been able to find this info.
    · Reply · Share
  • vickyvic1vickyvic1 69 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 69 Junior Member
    If you can’t find anything online , I would email or cal admissions
    · Reply · Share
  • Tuxrd2Tuxrd2 86 replies18 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 104 Junior Member
    Is there a way to submit midyear grades?I applied EA but already have midyear back and they are good. Wondering fi and how to submit them?
    · Reply · Share
    @Tuxrd2 There’s no way to submit mid year grades EA unless you’re deferred. They’re not necessary to make a decision.
    · Reply · Share
  • blazinamazin2023blazinamazin2023 119 replies14 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 133 Junior Member
    Is there a chance that UNC decisions will be released before the end of January? For other schools in the UNC system such as UNCC and UNCW, decisions have been released earlier than the dates listed on their sites.
    · Reply · Share
  • alektimmalektimm 3 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi everyone. Has anyone seen anything about EA applicants uploading a midyear report? I figured it would be a good idea to share them since my grades were strong and decisions won't be released for about a month. I hadn't seen anything mentioning a required midyear report, but I wanted to reach out and see if anyone knew. Thanks.
    · Reply · Share
    @alektimm Just answered that. There is no way to submit midyear grades EA unless you are deferred and given an RD decision. By now they’ve made a good bit of decisions already and it would be unfair and rather pointless to allow applicants to supplement their respective apps.
    · Reply · Share