Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UNC Class of 2023 EA Discussion Thread

Replies to: UNC Class of 2023 EA Discussion Thread

• CaviteeCavitee Registered User Posts: 142 Junior Member
    @transferluk In State for UNC daughter will be attending (OOS) UVa. Was accepted BC (CSOM), IU (Kelley -Honors), University of Richmond, scholarships to UGa and Furman. Waiting on Emory RD but already put deposit in for UVa
  • transferluktransferluk Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    That’s awesome, congratulations! She will love it there! @Cavitee
  • catmomof3catmomof3 Registered User Posts: 119 Junior Member
    @transferluk university of Chicago
    That’s an amazing school! Congratulations @catmomof3
  • WoljoeWoljoe Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Yes. You can ask them directly. That's what we did and my son is currently a freshman. Not really a big deal unless you want to attend their summer travel programs in the summer (DS chose the London trip and loved it) or one of the on campus summer programs. Originally wanted the premed program but it filled up fast so I'd move quickly if Chapel Hill is your first choice.
  • ChicagoSportsFnChicagoSportsFn Registered User Posts: 485 Member
    @transferluk

DD declined her acceptance to UNC and will be going to West Point.
  • blazinamazin2023blazinamazin2023 Registered User Posts: 133 Junior Member
    @Woljoe What is the program that you are recommending to ask directly about?
    Wow that’s amazing! Good luck to her @ChicagoSportsFn
  • akacollege23akacollege23 Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    i wish i could afford unc (oos)... but will most likely attend uva! ugh i wish finance didn't play such a huge role in me choosing which college to attend, since I would probably attend unc for its research opportunities to help for my medical aspirations.
  • NChovermomNChovermom Registered User Posts: 25 Junior Member
    Granville is popular mostly with students interested in Frats/Sororities because of its proximity to those houses/parties. It is also a shorter walk to class. It's a nice, private dorm with good food! My son did not stay there, because he was not as interested in Frats, but enjoyed eating with friends there when he was invited.
    @akacollege23 UVA is an amazing school as well! Otherwise you could always start out at your community college and then come in as a transfer student, that’s what I’m doing and it’s saved me a ton of money!
  • abch2023abch2023 Registered User Posts: 20 Junior Member
    @tkdqueen035 Congrats on your choice! Sounds like great experience! Do you mind sharing your stats? My S applied RD so he wont hear anything until end of March probably, OOS as well. Thank you!
  • tkdqueen035tkdqueen035 Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    edited February 28
    @abch2023
    Thank you!

GPA: W - 4.5 UW - 3.9
    ACT: 32 (35 E, 32 M, 30 R, 31 S)
    9 AP classes/11 Honors classes

Achievements:
    2015 JDRF Children’s Congress Delegate – Type 1 Diabetes advocacy; spoke with senators/congressmen
    2008-2018 Gold Presidential Community Service Award
    3rd Degree Black Belt in Taekwondo
    Attended FBLA Nationals (12)
    National Honor Society, Science National Honor Society & Math National Honor Society
    AP Scholar

Extra-Curricular:
    Taekwondo Instructor
    CFO of School Store
    Just Like You Films - Diabetes Documentary Actor
    Treasurer of FBLA (FBLA all 4 years)
    Spanish Club
    Key Club
    Business/Marketing Summer Internship
    Chairwoman of the board of the SevenDays organization
    lots of volunteer work
    started my own organization bringing the benefits of taekwondo to inner-city kids in need

Let me know anything else you want to know! Good Luck!
    My stats aren't very high but when I asked about my application to colleges I had been accepted to and/or given me scholarships for they specifically noted my specified extra-curricular activities and my essays! Hope this helps!
  • akacollege23akacollege23 Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    @transferluk thanks!! i'm more than happy to attend uva!! just wondering though, could you tell me how the experience was as a transfer student? I've never considered/knew that was an option.
    @akacollege23 I’ve just applied to transfer in the fall so I won’t know until then, but it seems to me that transfer students fit in well and are an important part of the community there!