Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What are my odds of getting into UNC Chapel Hill?

2»

Replies to: What are my odds of getting into UNC Chapel Hill?

• Mcunn226Mcunn226 Registered User Posts: 255 Junior Member
    This year, first-time student admissions:
    43,473 applied
    9,524 admitted (21.9% of all students applying; 41% of NC applicants; 13% of out-of-state applicants)
    4,326 enrolled (45% of all students admitted; 61% of NC admits; 22% of out-of-state admits)

So overall, 9.95% of people who applied ultimately enrolled.
  • CaviteeCavitee Registered User Posts: 143 Junior Member
    That’s interesting...in state yield is what must make the public schools so competitive - 61% overall from NC is extremely high.
    My daughter’s school last year had 35 admits but only 11 attended, so higher than the OOS yield but half the in state yield.
  • chb088chb088 Registered User Posts: 935 Member
    edited January 18
    @Cavitee 61% of those enrolled from our high school. That matches statewide figures. Now at NCSU, almost everyone accepted enrolled.
  • SlimJim005SlimJim005 Registered User Posts: 260 Junior Member
    In 2017, 40,918 applied. 9,709 were accepted. 4,355 enrolled. So, 44.9% of those accepted enrolled, or they admitted 2.23X the number of enrollees. Does that help? It's on the CDS.
  • ImBlue_23ImBlue_23 Registered User Posts: 24 Junior Member
    Just so anyone still reading wants to know, I got in and will be attending in the fall. :)
  • cptofthehousecptofthehouse Registered User Posts: 27,912 Senior Member
    Your GC will likely have useful information for you in this regard. S/he will know how students from your school do in applying to your flagship.