right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

journalism

ready2boutofhsready2boutofhs 120 replies46 threads Junior Member
I'm interested in majoring in magazine journalism. UNC is one of my top choices (mostly because I'm in-state). But most of the other schools I'm looking at have a separate track for magazine journalism versus UNC which doesn't. Can UNC teach me enough about working for a magazine? Any advice. It's throwing me off a little.
edited July 2006
2 replies
Post edited by ready2boutofhs on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: journalism

• chillmandanchillmandan 184 replies5 threads Junior Member
    I don't think having a degree in journalism from UNC and having a degree in magazine journalism from Northwestern (or wherever it is you are looking at), is going to put you in a much more poised position to work for a magazine.
    · Reply · Share
  • joemanjoeman 34 replies3 threads Junior Member
    UNC has an excellent journalism department (top 10) and an extremely well-written student newspaper. although you can't exactly major in magazine journalism, i read that the major covers all aspects of mass media and is one of the best departments at UNC.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity