right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

UNC Class of 2024 EA Discussion Thread

MrRobot2018MrRobot2018 217 replies2 threads Junior Member
Words of wisdom from prior years:
Decisions likely last Friday in January
The Wednesday before decisions come out everyone gets an email that decision will not be "today or tomorrow"
Decisions posted around 4 pm in portal.
edited January 2019
493 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: UNC Class of 2024 EA Discussion Thread

• MrRobot2018MrRobot2018 217 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Last Friday in January. Not Thursday!
    · Reply · Share
  • Mcunn226Mcunn226 267 replies9 threads Junior Member
    Way to take the initiative.
    · Reply · Share
  • MrRobot2018MrRobot2018 217 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Came out at 4:15 on last Friday in January (1/25/2019).
    · Reply · Share
  • saadncsaadnc 51 replies6 threads Junior Member
    Hahaha why is this a thing already???
    · Reply · Share
  • jml571jml571 9 replies1 threads New Member
    Because Chapel Hill is full of super bright, over achievers!!
    · Reply · Share
  • NewJeffCTNewJeffCT 215 replies8 threads Junior Member
    Last Friday in January in 2020 is January 31 - so, until the very end
    · Reply · Share
  • chb088chb088 1090 replies32 threads Senior Member
    Could possibly be the 24th?
    · Reply · Share
  • tthemacmonstertthemacmonster 10 replies7 threads Junior Member
    So for previous application years, I have been told that there was no formal application for Honors Carolina and that you were invited to join about a week after acceptance. This year, however, there was an essay that had to be written about why you want to join Honors Carolina in order to apply. Does anyone know why this was different?
    · Reply · Share
  • HesNotHesNot 63 replies1 threads Junior Member
    It appears most other schools require either a separate essay, and or a separate application. Even for a qualified student the honors college experience is different and I have only assumed that making students jump through some additional hoops is a factor of efficiency (only reviewing those who are really interested) and additionally providing a means to sort through what is likely a pool of very similarly qualified candidates by providing some additional data points.
    · Reply · Share
  • UpstateSCmomUpstateSCmom 107 replies0 threads Junior Member
    When will UNC give out decisions for EA? My daughter is OOS and was already accepted at UGA and USC (Gamecocks) early action and Texas A&M which has rolling admission. It would be nice to know if UNC is a possibility. I know the chances are much lower for OOS. So, I am telling her to not have too high hopes. She applied for Journalism.
    · Reply · Share
  • dkahfdfhkdkahfdfhk 248 replies3 threads Junior Member
    @UpstateSCmom Last Friday in January.
    · Reply · Share
  • MESMESMESMES 64 replies1 threads Junior Member
    When will UNC give out decisions for EA? My daughter is OOS and was already accepted at UGA and USC (Gamecocks) early action and Texas A&M which has rolling admission. It would be nice to know if UNC is a possibility. I know the chances are much lower for OOS. So, I am telling her to not have too high hopes. She applied for Journalism.

That's what this whole thread is about - it was it's raison d'etre - it was why @MrRobot2018 started this post called "UNC Class of 2024 EA Discussion Thread" which you may have missed above, and why @MrRobot2018 took the time and made the effort to type out: "Words of wisdom from prior years: Decisions [mesmes: decisions for...wait for it... UNC EA!!] likely last Friday in January" Mind blown.
    · Reply · Share
  • MBNC1755MBNC1755 210 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Last year they came out on January 25th which is, of course, the last Friday in January. It will be interesting to see if this year they actually hold decisions until the 31st this year (the actual last Friday) or if they take pity on all the anxious students and release them on the 24th.
    · Reply · Share
  • UpstateSCmomUpstateSCmom 107 replies0 threads Junior Member
    edited December 2019
    Sorry, I obviously did not read and was educated....thanks for the ones that were not snarky in their response.
    edited December 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • jse1820jse1820 52 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Just curious---Did every student who applied get the email that said to fill out the FAFSA and CSS Profile now so they can get their scholarship award as soon as they receive their admissions decision? The email said the CSS Profile is required to determine the Carolina scholarships. I hate to go to the headache of doing the CSS Profile, not to mention the pay the additional fee, if the admission decision is a no.
    · Reply · Share
  • twokids2gotwokids2go 108 replies5 threads Junior Member
    My D got it. I think it was generic and has nothing to do with decisions.
    · Reply · Share
  • sunnyschoolsunnyschool 1403 replies31 threads Senior Member
    Yes, got that email.
    · Reply · Share
  • Caitlyn0316Caitlyn0316 8 replies0 threads New Member
    no email here
    · Reply · Share
  • MBNC1755MBNC1755 210 replies1 threads Junior Member
    My D20 got it and we had already submitted CSS. Not reading anything into it.
    · Reply · Share
  • mackatacamackataca 8 replies0 threads New Member
    They sent that email to people (friends of mine) who haven't even applied to UNC, so I wouldn't read anything into it either.
    · Reply · Share