right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

UNC 2023 EA Waitlist INSTATE

2»

Replies to: UNC 2023 EA Waitlist INSTATE

• Dreamer2023Dreamer2023 44 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    @SkyeRider20 Hi I have the same issue and only just realized it. May I know if your son has gotten a reply from UNC to confirm that he's still on the waitlist?
    · Reply · Share
  • chapelthrill23chapelthrill23 2 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3 New Member
    they have already started accepting students off the waitlist
    · Reply · Share
  • Dreamer2023Dreamer2023 44 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    edited March 30
    @chapelthrill23 Really??!! Are they sending emails or updating the portals??? There's still only the line "Thank you for applying to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill." in my portal... :neutral:
    edited March 30
    · Reply · Share
  • YoMamaDankYoMamaDank 1 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Ikr same!
    · Reply · Share
  • adboutadbout 15 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 17 Junior Member
    @chapelthrill23 are you sure? It specifically says on their website that UNC does not offer admission to students from the waitlist until after May 1st...
    · Reply · Share
    Does anyone know when they started releasing waitlist decisions in previous years?
    · Reply · Share
  • SkyeRider20SkyeRider20 9 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 9 New Member
    @Dreamer2023 Yes, he received an email telling him that he was still on the waitlist, but also with a form paragraph below it (it was obviously cut and pasted as it was formatted differently than the individual reply) telling him to be sure and send in money to another school and reciting the waitlist statistics. It was a nice polite email with an apology for the delay in responding, but it didn't give any information about why the portal changed. We have not heard anything since.
    · Reply · Share
  • cmoss548cmoss548 1 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I heard kids from select schools received acceptance notification off waitlist a few days after regular decision went out.
    · Reply · Share
  • SkyeRider20SkyeRider20 9 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 9 New Member
    Did you hear this from students who were accepted? And which schools? I had wondered if that would happen since they did not defer applicants this year.
    · Reply · Share
  • rphx2ncrphx2nc 46 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 46 Junior Member
    My daughter is a current freshman and knows someone accepted already off the waitlist. She is in state not sure of the school. She has heard of several already.
    · Reply · Share
    My son got off the Davidson College waitlist yesterday, so he took himself off the UNC waitlist today. I'm a double alum who bleeds Carolina blue, so it's broken my heart a little, but he is excited to go to Davidson. Best of luck to everybody else, whether at Carolina or another school.
    · Reply · Share
  • jackieruizjackieruiz 1 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I just got an email for Carolina updating my waitlist status unfortunately I didn’t get in but check your portal to know
    · Reply · Share