Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UNC Transfer Waitlist 2019

Replies to: UNC Transfer Waitlist 2019

• hbh2017hbh2017 Registered User Posts: 80 Junior Member
    @ked177 Did you have the enrollment checklist before today?
  • ked177ked177 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    No, but i texted my friend who got in and she had that before she had her decision and she said it was just to show what materials they had from her
  • ked177ked177 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    @hbh2017 my friend who is on the waitlist but is a senior in hs said that he had it too and that it means that you are on the waitlist and it will change if you are taken off the waitlist but idk why it would just show up for us
    @ked177 Thanks for info! Not sure if it means anything or not.
  • allmightychemistallmightychemist Registered User Posts: 20 Junior Member
    Hey! Does anyone know where to send our final transcript to? Do we send it to the Common Application or to the university itself?
    Enrollment checklist not on MY UNC anymore. I guess it didn't mean anything.
  • Mcunn226Mcunn226 Registered User Posts: 255 Junior Member
    edited May 17
    Send your final transcript to [email protected] or Jackson Hall, 174 Country Club Rd, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
    Did anyone get in off the waitlist? The admissions blog says that they admitted some of the transfer waitlist yesterday.
  • allmightychemistallmightychemist Registered User Posts: 20 Junior Member
    @hbh2017 Nope not yet. But they said they release them in small groups so I don’t know how long it might take to post all decisions. I am worried since it is fairly really early for them to have decisions honestly, the earliest I read about previous years was May 24, I believe. That makes me think that they most likely had only a small number of seats open. But anyways like the first wait we had to go through they give you the June 30th as a deadline.
    @wwu9907 When is the deposit due for the waitlist transfers that just got in on Friday? Just trying to figure out when the next batch of acceptances is coming out. If any.
  • Kittenz911Kittenz911 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    You can't expect that they will wait for and then replace every student that does not accept their position from the waitlist, especially when as little as <5 have been accepted from the waitlist in the past. They have already said that they do not rank the waitlist. They'd have to review all applications at the time they consider accepting more students, which frankly they won't do too many times. If you weren't accepted yet, I'm sorry to say it, but this ain't it chief.
  • rfellyrfelly Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Just received an email and got in off the waitlist!!! Not sure if I am going to accept as I would lose a year of credits but definitely exciting!
  • Jackson1031Jackson1031 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Just got in off the waitlist.
    Stats for people looking at this next year
    Multi-generation Legacy
    GPA: 3.65
    ACT: 30
    Extra curricular: Started my own business freshman year and won a few awards based on that. Also will be more than likely playing a varsity sport at UNC.
    Transferred from Appalachian state with 50~ credit hours.
  • rfellyrfelly Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Also thought I would include stats (bc I’m shocked I got off the list)
    Sister is a UNC alum
    GPA: 3.48
    SAT: 1290
    Involved in Greek life and I have around 50 credit hours as a first year student
    Currently attending Appalachian State
  • Dyl2208Dyl2208 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Just got in off the waitlist.
    Stats for people looking at this next year
    Major: Computer Science
    only had an uncle go there
    GPA: 3.79
    SAT: 1360
    Extracurricular: Eagle Scout, helped create a coding club at UNCC,
    I didn't send in my spring transcript either