Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UNC Transfer Waitlist 2019

srb2000srb2000 Registered User Posts: 114 Junior Member
Hey, guys! I figured I would get the ball rolling on this thread now that the first round of decisions is out.

I accepted my waitlist offer, and am actually so grateful since my test scores and high school GPA were not the greatest.

Replies to: UNC Transfer Waitlist 2019

• unchopeful1999unchopeful1999 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    edited April 8
    I was waitlisted as well, trying to stay positive about things...just wish there was some way to know if we are the 5th person on the wait list or the 500th
  • srb2000srb2000 Registered User Posts: 114 Junior Member
    @unchopeful1999 there is no ranking on the waitlist. They reevaluate all waitlist applicants when space becomes available.
  • Kittenz911Kittenz911 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Right there with ya guys. Let us take this less than 5% chance with dignity.
    I try not to think of it like a less than 5% chance, more that I'm still a strong enough applicant to not be straight up rejected. I'm just happy to be on the waitlist! And after flipping through last years thread, it made me feel better.
  • hbh2017hbh2017 Registered User Posts: 80 Junior Member
    Is it unusual for a rising junior with a 3.6 gpa from NC community college and in state to get waitlisted? All A's from Fall 2018.
  • JulienEdJulienEd Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    I got waitlisted. Out of stater who has a lot of legacy (dad, brother, grandma, aunt). 3.25 gpa in first semester.
  • leebee111leebee111 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I got waitlisted. In state student, rising sophomore, psychology major, high school transcripts sent out (I think I had around a 3.7 unwaited), 26 ACT score, transferring from UNC Wilmington, with 12 credits first semester (2 B+s, 2 As) and 15 credits now 2nd semester with all As,— ECs include chartering a branch of Circle K International (a service based club), VP of community service in RHA Area Council (residents hall association), interviewer for humans of the dub (UNCW version of humans of New York), essays were about my struggle with mental health and why I chose psych as my major, and my recommendation was from the CAIC (campus activities and involvement center) assistant director. I’m honestly very surprised I made the wait list and flattered (although still sad I didn’t get accepted)... good luck guys. Remember, being on the waiting list says a lot of good about you, considering how selective UNC is and if you don’t get accepted you’ll end up somewhere else where you’re SUPPOSED to be. Everything will work out. :) here’s hoping!
  • allmightychemistallmightychemist Registered User Posts: 19 Junior Member
    Waitlisted
    Unsure of as what, because I currently have 29 credits which is technically a freshman but I believe since it is so close they might consider me a sophomore.
    Current school: UNC Charlotte
    Major: Chemistry with a possible minor in criminal justice
    Intended future career: Forensic chemist
    College GPA: 3.769
    High school WGPA: 4.25 UWGPA: 3.96
    ACT: 20
    Diversity: I am a Muslim who wears a scarf. American of Syrian and Turkish origins. Born and raised in Saudi Arabia with a bunch of diverse people.
  • Broncos2018Broncos2018 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Waitlisted
    Applied as a sophomore, will have 45 credits at the end of the semester (around 20 of that is from APs)
    Current school: In state CC
    Major: CS
    College GPA: 4.0
    High school GPA: 3.98 weighted around 3.5-3.6 unweighted
    ACT: 32
    Are there any rising juniors that got waitlisted? If so, could you post your stats.
    @hbh2017 How did you get all A's but get a 3.6? Or is that high school GPA?
    @srb2000 2016's statistics show that there were 463 on the waitlist and from them 58 which is about 12%. That is the best year's odds that I have read so far. Hopefully ours would be even higher! Fingers crossed.
    @allmightychemist Yeah, that was a good year! Fingers crossed as well
    @allmightychemist 3.6 is cumulative For college gpa. 4.0 just for fall semester. So 3.6 for 3 semesters completed so far.
    @hbh2017 Oh ok. I apologize I forgot about the whole junior status thing. I was considering freshman.